Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood-Mauricio Lara In Play For 9/24 Despite 8/12 Purse Bid For Wood-Santa Cruz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kiaba360
    replied
    Originally posted by pretty boy_ View Post
    The same Hearn that said PBC don’t work with anybody is pushing for this fight LMAO…
    Context is important. Hearn wants a PBC fighter on DAZN, but he has to also keep his own fighter happy. The purse bid is 75/25 to LSC. For Wood to get paid what he wants, Hearn is gonna have to overpay for LSC. DAZN's pockets aren't as deep anymore, so Hearn needs to be more frugal. Enter Mauricio Lara, a dangerous and exciting fighter who won't cost as much as LSC, and will also be an easy sell to the UK audience because Lara made a great first impression against Warrington. Wood/Lara is a good match-up, and probably more entertaining as both are punchers.

Kiko Martinez will be the opponent. Coming off a loss.
    In an interview, Hearn's shocked reaction implied that it was Wood who proposed the match-up. If Kiko/Wood happens, some of the blame would lie on Wood because that means he allowed Hearn to talk him out of it. If Wood wants to continue building his reputation, he should voluntarily face Lara next (if no LSC). Beating Lara makes the Wood/Warrington fight bigger.

Leave a comment:

• ShoulderRoll
    replied
    Kiko Martinez will be the opponent. Coming off a loss.

Leave a comment:

• pretty boy_
    replied
    The same Hearn that said PBC don’t work with anybody is pushing for this fight LMAO…

Leave a comment:

• Kannabis Kid
    replied
    Leigh Stiff As Wood is ducking Leo Santa Cruz.

Leave a comment:

• Megaman99
    replied
    Good fight!

Leave a comment:

• SchoolTheseCats
    replied
    Guy gets put in position to fight for real title only for you to say I’ll be going in another direction which most likely gets him stripped…

Leave a comment:

• GBP4LIFE
    replied
    Typical Hearn..

PBBCCCCC won’t make any fights with me, Al Haymon shuts all of his fighters out..

WBA then mandates a fight for LSC & Wood, Hearn response I want to go in a completely different direction LOLLLLL the guy is a double talking bozo

Leave a comment:

• tokon
    replied
    If Wood moves forward with a Lara fight when a unification of WBA titles has been mandated won't he lose his wba title?

Leave a comment:

• nick_viking
    replied
    I like Leigh Wood, he’s been in some great fights recently and looks to be tough as old boots, but I think he gets hit too easily to favour him against Lara, who looks to be very heavy handed. Would be a good fight whilst it lasted though - two warriors!

Leave a comment:

• tokon
    replied
    Wood should force the issue and hold out for the LSC purse bid. It's a bigger fight for him than Lara and, if LSC vacates or gets stripped, Wood gets the title and move forward.

Warrington obviously isn't going anywhere near Lara is he?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X