Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good was the version of Kovalev that fought Pascal 1/2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good was the version of Kovalev that fought Pascal 1/2?

How would you rate Kovalev during those days? Where would he stand among LHW greats?

Prime Kov was a killer and a top lightweight atg
    He had power in both hands, was athletic, good range and boxing skills. He was ferocious. He woulda ko’d Canelo if Canelo got that version of Krusher

Comment

Very good. Only guy to stop Pascal. Even the old ass Pascal of today has not been stopped.
      Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

He was definitely ATG LHW. Good chin, GREAT power and GREAT boxing IQ. That version of Kovalev would out-hussle and stop both Beterbiev and Bivol. Would completely destroy Canelo.
        MONGOOSE66 MONGOOSE66 likes this.

Comment

I think he was great
          nuff said
          jhonny loves KO Alec and thinks award low blowed him regularly

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post
            Very good. Only guy to stop Pascal. Even the old ass Pascal of today has not been stopped.
            Your online name makes think about Richard feimmman and atomic bombs

Jhonny and I respect you

Comment

I’d probably favour him to beat all the current LHWs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
                I’d probably favour him to beat all the current LHWs.
                What about LHWs of different eras. How would he do against Julian Jackson or Joe Calzaghe, for example?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                  What about LHWs of different eras. How would he do against Julian Jackson or Joe Calzaghe, for example?
                  I think he beats both. KOs Julian and probably UDs Joe.

I actually think Canelo would always have been a bad style for him. Granite chin, great defence and super fast powerful counters to the head and body.

Don’t get me wrong both Beterbiev and Bivol would have had solid chances but I’d give the edge to the Krusher.
                  Vlad_ Vlad_ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

I think he beats both. KOs Julian and probably UDs Joe.

I actually think Canelo would always have been a bad style for him. Granite chin, great defence and super fast powerful counters to the head and body.

Don’t get me wrong both Beterbiev and Bivol would have had solid chances but I’d give the edge to the Krusher.
                    Yeah prime Krusher was something. Always felt excited to see him fight. Took a turn for the worst after the first Ward fight. I personally felt he got totally robbed there.

Comment

Working...
                    X