Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rahman Comes In Overweight In Attempt To Show He Could've Made 205 For Jake Paul Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Regge View Post
    Paul sold less than 90k in the Woodley rematch this would have done 30k that's why they canceled, ticket sales were horrible.
    I am curious about all this, care to share a link about these ticket sales? Not trying to discredit or anything just want to see this. Would be fantastic if people are not buying this nonsense. It would serve Showtime right. I know the Woodley rematch was a flop. Didn't know about the bad ticket sales.
    The Conundrum The Conundrum likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
      Boxingscene degrading themselves even reporting this nonsense. Fight is cancelled, move the hell on. Same for Rahman, it's over bro. I know he doesn't have a real career ahead of him, but at least have some self respect.
      What attracted me to boxingscene was all the Royal Rumbles that took place in threads between posters AND, that they report EVERYTHING that has to do with boxing.

They have always been this way, since their inception.

Comment

jake paul is a pro at making others bad by it's own mistake he is not a boxing promoter he says to be....! More but he has never fighted a real professional boxer only amateur dress up as a pro a joke everything to appear well but he has not sold enough tickets he has a lack of experience on his part

Comment

Jakie should've just fought someone of his own goddamn weight class instead of all this BS attempt with this dude,oh wait its a youtuber not a real boxer

Comment

In the words of Bernard Hopkins; The sh it show is over. Casual fans are now tuning into their regular scheduled programming. In other words, Hopkins is saying Jake Paul your gig is up!

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

I don't find it funny, it's further mockery of the sport. It was a clown show to begin with. It was cancelled, so they should have let it go. Rahman is an idiot for even doing this, he had to step on a scale prior. Wanted a little more attention he decided to humilate himself further. I fail to find the comedy in this. Is it that Jake Paul screwed the actual boxers on the card? You know the people who don't have millions of dollars in the bank. Who spent money on trianing camps, travel who sacrificed time with their families so Paul can play pretend boxer. Yeah bro, pure comedy.
              Further mockery of the sport, like DLH vs Shaq, Foreman vs 5 fighters in 1 event (whose sole fights were vs Foreman), Ali vs Inoki, Mosley vs Shaq, Ali vs former NFL player Lyle Alzado?
              chepboxingking chepboxingking likes this.

Comment

He would of made 205 lb limit jake just got cold feet nothing to see here folks move along

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                  To be fair, 206.6 lbs with a 25 percent deduction in the pay, the fight would've gone ahead.

So, for anyone that was mildly interested in this fight, it could've happened. Possibly a fight that would not have turned out well for Jake.
                  The fight was signed for 200 pounds. What other fight you see “gone ahead” with 6 pounds over contracted weight limit?

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
                    It was cancelled due to poor ticket sales & a bleak PPV forecast
                    This comes from Jake Paul’s arch enemy Dana White. There’s no actual data stating the ticket sales were bad.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post

The fight was signed for 200 pounds. What other fight you see “gone ahead” with 6 pounds over contracted weight limit?
                      New york athletic commission made the fight for 205. So it would only have been 1 pound

Comment

Working...
                      X