Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: I'm Going To Put a Dent in Joseph Parker's Face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: I'm Going To Put a Dent in Joseph Parker's Face

The Entente Cordial in British boxing lasted about 20 minutes. If people thought Thursday's announcement of a fight between Joe Joyce and Joseph Parker - a contest that sees a Sky/Boxxer signed fighter appear on a BT/Queensberry show - was about to signal a new world where people get round a table for the good of boxing, the atmosphere remains decidedly frosty.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Another dent in the facade that is AJ's "rezumaaaaay" as well.

Usyk, Ortiz and Joyce for the win all within a month is gonna be rough for the matchroom brigade on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Good ol' Douglas View Post
      Another dent in the facade that is AJ's "rezumaaaaay" as well.

Usyk, Ortiz and Joyce for the win all within a month is gonna be rough for the matchroom brigade on here.
      Go easy on the Ultratech sports, it's bad for your iq.

Comment

Uh-oh, egg weights...
        REDEEMER REDEEMER likes this.

Comment

Good fight this, and always nice to see Frank Warren at his surly best! Initially I lean toward Parker beating Joyce. Both men have good chins, but Parker has the edge in speed, and will just need to up his workrate to win a decision. I can’t see Joyce breaking Parker with his jab like he did Dubois, and not sure how else he wins it.

Comment

Despite his antics and cringe factor Higgins has done a good job with Parker. Kept him relatively unscathed for a top tier heavy with little clout and has delivered some cracking pay-days. I do think Joyce will break him up inside 12 but fair play he held out for the BT PPV deal and they've got it. In years to come losing to Joyce won't seem like that big a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by gooderz84 View Post
              Despite his antics and cringe factor Higgins has done a good job with Parker. Kept him relatively unscathed for a top tier heavy with little clout and has delivered some cracking pay-days. I do think Joyce will break him up inside 12 but fair play he held out for the BT PPV deal and they've got it. In years to come losing to Joyce won't seem like that big a deal.
              How does he have "little clout" the guy delivered AJ his biggest numbers by just shy of 300k, Whyte the biggest numbers of his career that are confirmed and more then likely Chisoras largest numbers as well... for a guy with "little clout" he sure does seem to be effective at drawing eyeballs.

Comment

Joe Joyce looks like a good fighter who will reach a level and then not get any higher. I think he could probably beat everyone outside of the top-3 on the day. But Parker is a proven top-8 fighter where as Joyce has a lot still to prove. This is a tough fight for Joyce. Parker is quick + very durable. Also does Joyce really punch that hard? He really lands a lot of punches to stop people.

I would pick Joyce now because he has the momentum but wouldn't be surprised if Parker won. Parker could win on points too if he is smart. I think Joyce is very beatable on points
                greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Despite Joyce current record and amateur pedigree, me thinks in the next couple of matches the wheels will suddenly come off. I do not trust any heavyweight that thinks he is too much the steamroller to use prudent defense. Just because he keeps plodding forward eating heavy punches does not mean he will keep on winning. He looked effectively awful the last time out. What if those heavy shots were delivered sharply time and again by a younger, more talented man?

Comment

Joyce is sounding a bit cocky here so I reckon he is gonna lose a close decision. This fight has 12 rounds written all over it

Comment

Working...
                    X