Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman on Danny Garcia: What He Did At 140, What I Did At 147, We're Hall of Fame Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to say.

Danny ended Matthyse's hot streak, has the names, etc. yet also has a gift or two. His resume would suggest HOF at the 140 weight class.

Then you have Thurman, who beat that guy along with Porter, in a fight that was debatable.

Danny probably has a case. Thurman.. well, he should've fought Spence, Crawford, or even Brook instead of going into witness protection for ten years.

Comment

The period inbetween Floyd retiring and Spence-Crawford was weak compared to most of welterweight history. I'd be surprised if these two got in.
      real raw likes this.

Comment

Probably not but then again, Gatti and Hamed are in the HOF so who knows.

Comment

I don't see either of them being HOF but Garcia has more claim. Thurman has beaten Garcia and Porter - if he had beaten Pac and then goes on to beat either Bud or Spence THEN and only then he would probably get in. Now he'd need to beat the Bud/Errol winner AND get a belt at 154.

If Danny can win a belt at 154 over a genuine champion and not a vacant belt over some artificially inflated-tanking fringe contender then he stands a fair chance of getting in.
          Hustle likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            Probably not but then again, Gatti and Hamed are in the HOF so who knows.
            Sometimes lesser fighters get in because of what they do for the sport's popularity. This is why Golovkin will get in - his long KO streak and the way he did it - the guy was a menace in his prime - same with Hamed. Gatti because of all the memorable wars.
            Topdogggbm and real raw like this.

Comment

Shut up Queef, such an obnoxious clown, getting beat down by washed up Pacquiao doesn't get you in the HOF.
              real raw likes this.

Comment

Neither of these two should be anywhere near the hall of fame unless they bought a ticket. The fact that there is actual discussion that they could be shows what a joke the hof is.

Thurman is the worst. There is no fighter I want to see get brutally ko'd more.
                real raw likes this.

Comment

If Thurman was smart (and brave) he would be going to 154 anyway! He knows Spence, Crawford, Boots, and Ortiz Jr. are headed there anyway! Plus there are good fights which can be made easily, i.e. Thurman vs. Lubin, who are both from Florida! That fight should do better in Florida than Broner vs. Figueroa! If he wants to stay at 147, and he thinks Boots and Stanionis are unworthy, then fight Ugas! Ugas is a former champion, and he beat the guy, who beat you, Manny Pacquiao!
                  Keleneki likes this.

Comment

There has been lesser Champs at 154 in the past. Danny can get another title if Charlo vacates and if he does DSG will be a 1st ballot HOF. Keith, not so much.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X