Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Trainer: Only The Media Is Worried About His Age

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin Trainer: Only The Media Is Worried About His Age

NEW YORK-Johnathon Banks was not much interested in parroting what he feels are hackneyed talking points from the boxing media. The trainer of unified middleweight titlist Gennadiy Golovkin, Banks pushed against the notion that his charge might be in diminished form because of his relatively advanced age of 40 during an interview given at a press conference in Manhattan for Golovkin's third bout with Canelo Alvarez on Sept. 17 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The fight will be contested at the 168-pound limit, the weight class in which Alvarez, 31, holds all four major titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

When you're a bit older, as in forties, you don't move around as much as a fighter, if still in the sport.

It doesn't then affect big punchers like George Foreman and Golovkin. But better for a heavyweight, they don't move much anyway.
    ​​​​​​
    But from middleweight to super middleweight, yes, you do need some good footwork, so it's tougher for GGG.

Glad he got this trilogy fight. It will likely be he his last fight, but it's more millions and a last chance to see if he can do even better than how he did before.
    Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

I'm not worried about GGGs age. I expect to see a game GGG. Folks are quick to write off an athlete based just off age, but today's athletes are in better shape, at older ages, than yesterday's athletes. This third match up should be epic. It won't be a walk in the park for Canelo. Were the previous two?

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post
        I'm not worried about GGGs age. I expect to see a game GGG. Folks are quick to write off an athlete based just off age, but today's athletes are in better shape, at older ages, than yesterday's athletes. This third match up should be epic. It won't be a walk in the park for Canelo. Were the previous two?

GGG wasnt 40 in the previous two. It will be a walk in the park for canelo. top notch PEDs help guys in their later years but his reflexes still arent what they used to be. Canelo just got schooled by a defensive wizard, this is a confidence booster for canelo to beat his old aging nemesis into a pulp, GGG doesnt have a great defense but has a good chin, canelo will tee off on him.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

GGG wasnt 40 in the previous two. It will be a walk in the park for canelo. top notch PEDs help guys in their later years but his reflexes still arent what they used to be. Canelo just got schooled by a defensive wizard, this is a confidence booster for canelo to beat his old aging nemesis into a pulp, GGG doesnt have a great defense but has a good chin, canelo will tee off on him.
          I agree, I think at some stage in the fight ggg corner will pull him out of the fight, I feel canelos intent will be to go for the stoppage

Comment

His fans cry about his age whenever Nelo is brought up

Comment

His fangirls, sunglasses, CT scans and Michael Jackson thrillers are worried about his age.

Comment

You can’t hide or ignore age 40 in sports. Everyone will be talking about a 40 year old athlete’s age. Especially when his age shows in his performances.
                charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  You can’t hide or ignore age 40 in sports. Everyone will be talking about a 40 year old athlete’s age. Especially when his age shows in his performances.
                  But is a 40 year old boxer only 40 when he fights a legit guy ?
                  I didn't see any GGG fans mention age when he fought Kamil

Comment

Big drama show

Comment

Working...
                    X