Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Canelo-GGG III: This Is The Only Time To Make This Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robi13
    replied
    Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    Having Canelo’s number could be the case but I think the age gap will just be too much to overdone. Pac and Marquez were a little closer in age. Ggg looked very winded against Murota and I think his power bailed him out. Not as likely to happen vs canelo.
    I also noted that ggg was winded, he seemed winded early in the fight too! Well, if he can pull one last great hurrah out of himself, now is the time!

Leave a comment:

• Jab jab boom
    replied
    Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
    I mean who knows… look what JMM did to Manny even though we all know that manny is greater of the two and history will say that, however, JMM just had his number for whatever reason. Maybe ggg Is Canelos JMM to his Pac-Man??? I wasn’t too intrigued on the fight but, the more they talk about it and I’m sure once it’s closer to fight night… I’ll get hype for it. Just can’t call yourself a boxing fan and not love this fight! Just my opinion.
    Having Canelo’s number could be the case but I think the age gap will just be too much to overdone. Pac and Marquez were a little closer in age. Ggg looked very winded against Murota and I think his power bailed him out. Not as likely to happen vs canelo.

Leave a comment:

• Robi13
    replied
    if canelo wins, all he really does is close the chapter. But I agree with what you said about ggg, win, lose or draw, if he is able to turn back the clock and put up a competitive effort, it helps his career outlook which otherwise has primarily been based on canelo.
    I mean who knows… look what JMM did to Manny even though we all know that manny is greater of the two and history will say that, however, JMM just had his number for whatever reason. Maybe ggg Is Canelos JMM to his Pac-Man??? I wasn’t too intrigued on the fight but, the more they talk about it and I’m sure once it’s closer to fight night… I’ll get hype for it. Just can’t call yourself a boxing fan and not love this fight! Just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• JakeTheBoxer
    replied
    Eddie is doing a favor to Canelo here. Two back to back losses to Bivol would likely retire Canelo.

Leave a comment:

• Silence
    replied
    Nah, GGGeezer should've given rematch to Kamil first.

Leave a comment:

• Jab jab boom
    replied
    True, however… even in defeat, if ggg can give a good acct of himself, that would solidify him as a hof in my opinion and if he somehow wins he’s an ATG! ALOT is riding on this fight for ggg as far as legacy goes because he can improve it. A victory for canelo does not do much for his legacy and a defeat for ggg doesn’t hurt his either. But, i would be pleasantly surprised if ggg gives a good account of himself… he will shut me up, and I’ll never criticize him again if he does that, and like I said, in my opinion, he can accomplish that even in defeat… the “how” matters
    if canelo wins, all he really does is close the chapter. But I agree with what you said about ggg, win, lose or draw, if he is able to turn back the clock and put up a competitive effort, it helps his career outlook which otherwise has primarily been based on canelo.

Leave a comment:

• Robi13
    replied
    most likely, which is why the fight should’ve happened earlier, if you’re a fan of competitive fights.
    True, however… even in defeat, if ggg can give a good acct of himself, that would solidify him as a hof in my opinion and if he somehow wins he’s an ATG! ALOT is riding on this fight for ggg as far as legacy goes because he can improve it. A victory for canelo does not do much for his legacy and a defeat for ggg doesn’t hurt his either. But, i would be pleasantly surprised if ggg gives a good account of himself… he will shut me up, and I’ll never criticize him again if he does that, and like I said, in my opinion, he can accomplish that even in defeat… the “how” matters

Leave a comment:

• ruedboy
    replied
    Au contraire, Eddie, boxing fans know when the 3rd fight was relevant. but Alvarez chose Fielding instead of G and who can blame him? Risk-reward made the Fielding fight a no-brainer.
    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Leave a comment:

• El_Mero
    replied
    Sorry Edward, the right time was immediately after the rematch. But Saul cried, b!tched and whined about being called out for pissin dirty!

Leave a comment:

• Jab jab boom
    replied
    maybe jab, but the ending will be much better on the trilogy. Ggg is getting retired!
    most likely, which is why the fight should’ve happened earlier, if you’re a fan of competitive fights.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X