Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Fury Backs Anthony Joshua To Beat Oleksandr Usyk in Their Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoadMan94
    replied
    Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

A.J was offered fights when Usyk postponed . He could have easily dropped a belt to stay active but chose not to .
    Usyk never postponed the first fight and that’s the fight being spoken about, you’ve quoted them without even knowing the conversation.

Usyk postponed because of war. Joshua wasn’t offered no fight. He was looking at a potential interim fight IF Usyk needed longer. Hearn offers fighters the chance to fight AJ not vice versa.

Leave a comment:

• P to the J
    replied
    Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post

I was born fighting all my life and I was small and always fought bigger people and that transpired into learning techniques about fighting but heart either you have it, or you don’t.
    Yeah, but surely that proves my point? You were fighting tough customers, so had no choice but to develop heart, no? If you were cowering in the corner you’d have had your head kicked in!

Conversely, if you’ve never been through tough circumstances, you’ll never get the chance to develop grit

Leave a comment:

• hitmanjosh
    replied
    Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Don’t think you can be born with it either. Develops through tough experiences
    I was born fighting all my life and I was small and always fought bigger people and that transpired into learning techniques about fighting but heart either you have it, or you don’t.

Leave a comment:

• sidefx996
    replied
    Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

There’s never not once on this forum when someone said they back a fighter was it a question of they are picking a winner .

Now that it’s A.J here we go ,now it’s means something else .
    Not even sure what that means but ok. I don't have an angle (or in this case some "anti-AJ" angle) like apparently some people do. It simply sounded a lot to me like he'd LIKE him to win so he can fight his son. Just like I said. Just my 2 cents, don't get yourself all bent out of shape or read into it, there's nothing there.

Leave a comment:

• P to the J
    replied
    Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
    I guess no one has told John, you can't buy heart you need to be born with it! Anthony think it's hiring a new trainer under short notice that will work; but that won't cut it either, but I was told if you get a heart transplant you may have something.
    Don’t think you can be born with it either. Develops through tough experiences
    Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Leave a comment:

• hitmanjosh
    replied
    I guess no one has told John, you can't buy heart you need to be born with it! Anthony think it's hiring a new trainer under short notice that will work; but that won't cut it either, but I was told if you get a heart transplant you may have something.
    Last edited by hitmanjosh; 06-23-2022, 11:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• REDEEMER
    replied
    Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

No, you do NOT have to give ANYONE credit for facing a difficult mandatory instead of dropping a belt. He did what he was supposed to do.
    A.J was offered fights when Usyk postponed . He could have easily dropped a belt to stay active but chose not to .

Leave a comment:

• _Rexy_
    replied
    Originally posted by Liondw View Post
    John wants AJ to win to have son and Joshua at Wembley in front of a packed crowd.

I favour Usyk to win again, but Joshua has a puncher's chance I guess.

Gotta give credit to AJ, he's a big moneymaker but took a fight in Usyk he didnt have to last year, as Canelo with Bivol.
    No, you do NOT have to give ANYONE credit for facing a difficult mandatory instead of dropping a belt. He did what he was supposed to do.
    RoadMan94 RoadMan94 likes this.

Leave a comment:

• REDEEMER
    replied
    Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post
    So when he says he "backs" Joshua to win I'm feeling he'd LIKE him to win, not that he necessarily believes he's GOING to win.
    There’s never not once on this forum when someone said they back a fighter was it a question of they are picking a winner .

Now that it’s A.J here we go ,now it’s means something else .

Leave a comment:

• sidefx996
    replied
    So when he says he "backs" Joshua to win I'm feeling he'd LIKE him to win, not that he necessarily believes he's GOING to win.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X