Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Calls For Gervonta Davis Showdown in December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if this fight happens, and that's a big if, Davis power wins it. I saw someone refer to him as Deontay Davis, which made me chuckle, but I think that's an insult to Gervonta as he technically way better than Wilder. However, it strikes me there's similarities in the approach, fight by fight, and that is, you have 12 rounds to land that punch. Wilder has won many fights where he was being outboxed and his power saved the day. Davis situation differs in that, he's technically gifted, but lacks work rate, but thats by choice, as he's counting on landing the punch that prevents scorecards. Against Garcia, imo he most likely gets outworked and at some point knocks Garcia out. Garcia will have early success, with quick feet and fast hands. But Davis will catch up to Garcia who's defensive game is lacking. If Campbell dropped him, I see no reason why Davis doesn't stop him. But Davis lack of work rate will be his Achilles heel. The good thing for him right now is, that as strong as the div top 5 is, they all seem to have an Achilles heel. Davis clearly needs stepped up now. No more chumps please. Let's see if he really is the goods.

Comment

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Yo! I had no idea Ryan was at Gervonta's fight, I just replayed this PPV and I think he looked hella gay with that blonde wig and pink shades.

But yeah 'Pitbull' is going to F-You-UP, oh my bad you fighting Javier Fortuna?
      sicko, BoxingIsGreat and 2 others like this.

Comment

So Tank staying with Al Haymon? OK Fam! If KingRy don't want it, how about Shakur Stevenson? Al and Bob gave us Wilder vs. Fury, they should be able to do it without Floyd in the mix! I'll drop $75 on that today! Bring that to ATL, and i'm in there! MAN UP!
        Brettcappe and Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyShaw View Post
          Tank looked like crap up until the inevitable knock out. Ryan is waaaay bigger, faster and more skilled than Rolly. Ryan catches tank with the hook to the head or body.
          Jesus you guys are clueless. Rolly and Ryan are 2 completely different fighters. Ryan isn't pushing Tank back.

There's No chance Ryan survives a fight with Tank.. he is way too chiny. Tank is going to land and Garcia's chin will shatter
          Last edited by johncods; 05-29-2022, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
            Davis looked like **** until that shot landed, Ryan Garcia, Shakur & Haney can Beat Davis
            Ryan And Haney get hit too much and have weak chins. No way they can beat Tank. Shakur is the only one here that can beat Tank because he's untouchable.

Teo and Kambosos also have decent chins. Those would be good fights too.

Comment

tank would beat garcia so bad that his instagram account would crash

Comment

Garcia just said the same about pitbull couple weeks back now we now fight is a NoGO so hard to believe anything he says,if fight really happen ic ryan winning some rounds but with his soft chin its just inevitable getting clipped flush by one tank power shots

Comment

Sounds like alot of posters on here either rate Garcia low in the ( young elite ) lightweight division or can't get passed the Social media crap.
                  Yeah he's a social media whore. Yes Luke Cambells dropped him and yes he's pulled outta scheduled fights.
                  That doesn't change the fact that he can fight.
                  Good speed , long reach , extensive amateur career and good power.
                  IMO he ko's Pitbull ( if Cruz takes the fight ) and boxes the shet outta Gervonta.
                  Haney / Garcia is a 50 / 50 fight.
                  Last edited by Idunnoshet; 05-29-2022, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
                    Sounds like alot of posters on here either rate Garcia low in the ( young elite ) lightweight division or can't get passed the Social media crap.
                    Yeah he's a social media whore. Yes Luke Cambells dropped him and yes he's pulled outta scheduled fights.
                    That doesn't change the fact that he can fight.
                    Good speed , long reach , extensive amateur career and good power.
                    IMO he ko's Pitbull ( if Cruz takes the fight ) and boxes the shet outta Gervonta.
                    Haney / Garcia is a 50 / 50 fight.
                    It's the norm bro. They resent the kid so much that they actually blind themselves to the kids abilities. Sure,he got clipped and the very end of a punch by Campbell,who himself is a tall,long,skilled boxer with an Olympic pedigree. Many a great fighters have been dropped early in thier careers,it happens. Tank is 6inchs shorter with T-rex arms who will have a hell of a time trying to close the gap on Garcia whos tall,long,stupid fast,good jab and has the most explosive left hook in the game. You saw last night how weary/low output Tank becomes with someone with pop.I'd venture to say against elite level talent/skill like Garcia,he simply is unlikely to continue to land that shot to bail him out while being out boxed at the end of thier range. Garcia,Loma and Haney all beat him,and I'm going to say comfortably.

Comment

Advisors to Gervonta Davis will keep Gervonta away from Garcia, stall until Ryan Garcia can't make weight and then call him back down. Picture Rolly with blinding speed and 10 times the boxing skills....I'm sorry but based upon what I saw last night, Ryan Garcia eats him up.

Comment

Working...
                      X