Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• billeau2
    replied
    Originally posted by 4truth View Post
    There must always be an open class in boxing They can always raise the ceiling of the class immediately below but there should always be a class where there are zero weight requirements.
    Excellent point as many fail to realize heavyweight is an open division.

Leave a comment:

• billeau2
    replied
    Originally posted by elfag View Post
    moving cruiserweight from 190 to 200 was already the solution. that bridgeweight is a waste of time, super heavy is a waste of time.

anyone at 190 was already able to fight at 175. Anyone 220 or so can fight at cruiser or take their shot at heavyweight. Yeah there are more and more heavyweights who are 240+ but really you arent forced to even fight at heavy unless you are 230+ because you could cut to cruiser if you wanted to.

Wilder and Usyk are like two of the top 5 heavyweights in this era of supposed super heavys and they could fight at cruiser if they really wanted to.

Fighters have to make the decision all the time if they want to be in a less glamorous division (like cruiserweight) or move up to a more populated division. This isnt unique to heavyweight, the smaller guys have to make the decision all the time and it varies where the top talent and money fights are and up to them to make the decision. We dont need new weight classes to solve this problem for guys in the 200-225 pound weight range.
    Man... lol its like you posted my POV better than I could. I mean people are an impatient lot... And why not? Were not here that long lol. But the stats tell us that size has not yet become a pervasive factor that makes for domination at the Apex division.

Leave a comment:

• JakeTheBoxer
    replied
    No. We have cruiserweight for smaller guys and we have bridgerweight also.

Leave a comment:

• low blows
    replied
    If Miller types take over boxing then expanding the cruiserweight to bridgerweight or super cruiserweight makes sense. But until then I would only tweak cruiserweight and allow 210 pound fighters to fight at this weight.

Having another weight class just further dilutes cruiserweight and will create a paper thin bridgerweight. Alen Babic is a hot contender at bridgerweight, really he is a novice prospect at heavyweight.
    Last edited by low blows; 05-28-2022, 06:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• billeau2
    replied
    Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

Don’t forget the Midland 350 pound monster .

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...ig-baby-miller
    Lol, there will be plenty of "Midland Monsters" for sure...

Leave a comment:

• ELPacman
    replied
    I think they should create a super heavyweight division. Let heavyweight be 200-250. Above that you're in super heavyweight. They're guys that function better above 250lbs and that is a lot to then ask of a guy that let's say tried to weigh 215 and still compete at the highest level against a 270+ lb guy.

I say, times have changed where you can have 300lb guys still perform amazing compared to the past where they would just be a fat f**k that could not even be spoken about in sports. Since now with better nutrition and supplements, you can have a competing 300lbs athlete, we need an additional weight class for these super freaks. I don't think we have to worry beyond this point. Again, times can change in the future, but if we're seeing 350-400lbs boxers that can safely go 12rds, wtf, I don't know, make another weight class in 20 years. Ultra Mc FAT F**K Super Duper Heavyweight Division.
    Last edited by ELPacman; 05-28-2022, 05:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 4truth
    replied
    There must always be an open class in boxing They can always raise the ceiling of the class immediately below but there should always be a class where there are zero weight requirements.

Leave a comment:

• MONGOOSE66
    replied
    Originally posted by MoneyKasha View Post
    do you think their should be a max weight cap or stay unlimited?
    This is an original idea. Omg. I’m not disagreeing but this topic is older than Santa clause.
    OF COURSE it should change but it’s not.

Leave a comment:

• REDEEMER
    replied
    Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post

There are limitations to being big vs being small. The best small guy will be able to throw more volume than the best big guy. It's why navy seals are usually between 5'10-6'0. They have a bigger lungs to body ratio.
    This doesn’t t really mean anything in relationships to boxing , a smaller navy seal guy won’t be able to handle the tougher requirements for heavy lifting , carrying ,loading etc . If they had a boxing tournament or lifting or strong man competition maybe even arm wrestling I’ve seen some of them in the Army there were weight classes for a reason particularly in boxing .

https://www.military.com/military-fi...bud-s-training

Leave a comment:

• REDEEMER
    replied
    Originally posted by Silence View Post

Yeah, BW is actually regular HW and HW is SHW now. But, BW is still very new and only WBC use it.
    I like the set up it makes sense which means it might take a little while to catch on but I can’t see how it won’t . It’s just common sense thing to do and long overdue .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X