No announcement yet.

should HW have a cap or should it stay 200 lb to unlimited

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elfag View Post
    well AJ just got schooled by a cruiserweight so no it doesnt need a cap and I dont want it split between super heavy and heavy.

Fury is a super rarity and only has a few years left. Most guys that size dont have the skill, speed, fluidity and stamina he has. Even valuev was rare for what he was, that a 300 pound man had stamina for 12 rounds and could break the top 10 was rare enough.

Look at someone like david price, hes huge and gets his ass kicked by small guys all the time.

Guys who are like 220 already have the option to cut weight for cruiser. There is no reason to split up the heavy division.
    90% of the heavyweight division is well over 225 that’s more then enough reason ,you also brought up Usyk who is not a Cruiserweight,obviously he’d be an entirely different fighter hovering around 200 and no way would he want to face A.J near that weight . The average heavyweight is 240 pounds now the WBC actually understands this and are leading the way .
    Last edited by REDEEMER; 05-28-2022, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I think boxing need "Super Heavyweight" division and it should be limitless.

200 --> CW
      224 --> BW
      230 --> HW
      Limitless --> SHW

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
        I think boxing need "Super Heavyweight" division and it should be limitless.

200 --> CW
        224 --> BW
        230 --> HW
        Limitless --> SHW
        Creating the Bridgerweight class has created a form of super heavyweight division so it’s not actually needed going by those markers of weight cuts . Ideally you want a 225 and over class so it’s not extreme and you still get unlimited .

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

Creating the Bridgerweight class has created a form of super heavyweight division so it’s not actually needed going by those markers of weight cuts . Ideally you want a 225 and over class so it’s not extreme and you still get unlimited .
          Yeah, BW is actually regular HW and HW is SHW now. But, BW is still very new and only WBC use it.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            Why would it need a cap ? The problem is where the class starts that’s where the Bridgerweight class got it right and I’m betting most will follow suit years to come just like the Cruiserweight division did . Things just don’t stand still time moves on but putting a cap in heavyweight makes no sense . I actually think the new Titan class created by the Thor vs Hall fight is a fun idea even though that’s not real pro boxing .
            I too welcome Bridgerweight. The heavyweights of today are just huge compared to the heavyweights of yesterday.

Whatever is it, 224 pounds? That’s the Bridgerweight limit. That’s where heavyweight should start.
            REDEEMER likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post

I too welcome Bridgerweight. The heavyweights of today are just huge compared to the heavyweights of yesterday.

Whatever is it, 224 pounds? That’s the Bridgerweight limit. That’s where heavyweight should start.
              Whenever something logical is introduced it’s always challenged , just the way things are . You can challenge created belts but not really data supporting stats on fights and or where a weight class is at in modern times . The BW brings in great fights that wouldn’t happen and it would just be a stagnate wasted space at heavyweight . Fans are actually getting more fights that are better matched but I guess it’s more important to complain then get more worth out of boxing ?
              Last edited by REDEEMER; 05-28-2022, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
                well AJ just got schooled by a cruiserweight so no it doesnt need a cap and I dont want it split between super heavy and heavy.

Fury is a super rarity and only has a few years left. Most guys that size dont have the skill, speed, fluidity and stamina he has. Even valuev was rare for what he was, that a 300 pound man had stamina for 12 rounds and could break the top 10 was rare enough.

Look at someone like david price, hes huge and gets his ass kicked by small guys all the time.

Guys who are like 220 already have the option to cut weight for cruiser. There is no reason to split up the heavy division.
                There are limitations to being big vs being small. The best small guy will be able to throw more volume than the best big guy. It's why navy seals are usually between 5'10-6'0. They have a bigger lungs to body ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post

Yeah, BW is actually regular HW and HW is SHW now. But, BW is still very new and only WBC use it.
                  I like the set up it makes sense which means it might take a little while to catch on but I can’t see how it won’t . It’s just common sense thing to do and long overdue .

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post

There are limitations to being big vs being small. The best small guy will be able to throw more volume than the best big guy. It's why navy seals are usually between 5'10-6'0. They have a bigger lungs to body ratio.
                    This doesn’t t really mean anything in relationships to boxing , a smaller navy seal guy won’t be able to handle the tougher requirements for heavy lifting , carrying ,loading etc . If they had a boxing tournament or lifting or strong man competition maybe even arm wrestling I’ve seen some of them in the Army there were weight classes for a reason particularly in boxing .

https://www.military.com/military-fi...bud-s-training

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyKasha View Post
                      do you think their should be a max weight cap or stay unlimited?
                      This is an original idea. Omg. I’m not disagreeing but this topic is older than Santa clause.
                      OF COURSE it should change but it’s not.

Comment

Working...
                      X