Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence-Yordenis Ugas Generates $5,000,260 Live Gate From 37,022 Ticket Sold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finito2K
    replied
    AT&T Black community simply doesn't support black fighters like other ethnic groups support their own boxers.

There is absolutely no reason why Errol Spence should not be drawing bigger crowds when he's fighting at home.

Food for thought:

Pacquiao-Margarito drew a bigger crowd than Spence-Ugas @ AT&T Stadium.
    Canelo nearly doubles EJ'S numbers in Jerry's World. But we already knew that.

Leave a comment:

• HeyDeebo!
    replied
    Its no secret Spence jr a bigger draw than crawford

Leave a comment:

• Oregonian
    replied
    Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

Manny's 40% split came to 120 million. In perspective, Spence vs Ugas could fight 20 times and their combined purse still wouldn't match what Manny made in 36 minutes.
    ———-
    You are correct, however, Floyd’s split was much bigger and Manny was ok with that and kudos to him for making that fight. Especially because Manny was just as big a star as Floyd. Crawford is no where close to Spence based off attendance, tickets sold and PPV numbers.

Crawford needs a dancing partner. He’s never had one.
    Spence is a bigger draw than Crawford.

Lastly, PAC is a humble guy and clearly reasonable and actually wanted the Floyd fight. I’m not that sure about Crawford.

Leave a comment:

• Cool Scant
    replied
    Spence should have dealers choice over Crawford too. That guy sell nothing. Only B side in that wants to dictate terms.

Leave a comment:

• Oldskoolg
    replied

it’s interesting to see the attempts to
    make negative (though entirely and embarrassingly incoherent) comments about this by those who have something against spence, pbc, and Haymon. These people are just so driven by an out of date and self hating ideology to the point where even a Jew like me feels sad for these barbarians

Leave a comment:

• paulf
    replied
    Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
    How many of those tickets were given away for free?
    You are an absolute moron. How would free tickets impact gate revenue? Please stop posting.

Leave a comment:

• SchoolTheseCats
    replied

and now im hearing ppv codes given out for free views as gifts to cable customers ?

inflated numbers imo .

spence vs crawford belongs in vegas ,no other place
    Did you not even read the article? Even if that so called ppv codes was given out you do know the codes had to be purchased?

Leave a comment:

• DougalDylan
    replied
    Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

It’s the 5 million generated that’s most important.
    ok why is that important ?

.. and this is NOT a hate on Spence who delivered solidish numbers ..

1) that money is important to Spence but doesn't get us boxing fans excited about the sport to grow it ..

if one billionaire buys one ticket and ppv for one billion pounds you'd say it's the most successful fight of all time .. I'd say boxing is dying .

2) On the recent rich list only Canelo was featured at the top and what everyone scratched their heads at why his endorsement rate was so low relative to say a soccer player and it's obvious ..

Look at say a Spence going to Pepsi , with 290K people having watched his last fight .. that's nothing (albeit good for a boxer including ppv in this age) to a brand

NOT a hate on Spence just pointing out I don't like the definition of success and actually these guys may be leaving a lot of money on the table pushing up their ppv prices.

Leave a comment:

• KTFOKING
    replied

and now im hearing ppv codes given out for free views as gifts to cable customers ?

inflated numbers imo .

spence vs crawford belongs in vegas ,no other place
    If you read the article, it gives you the number of comps, which was 3,806. It sold 37,022.

Leave a comment:

• Bronx2245
    replied
    Spence will never be Floyd Mayweather, but then again, no one is! I wouldn't expect Spence vs. Crawford to do 1 million PPVs, but Spence vs. Canelo @ 164 would definitely get there, IF Canelo beats GGG! I think Tank vs. KingRy would do better numbers than Spence vs. Crawford!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X