No announcement yet.

Does Canelo ever rematch Bivol?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
    The only rematch I would do is 168, and that will have its fair share of knockers and many would claim drained if Canelo won so it's really a lose-lose situation, but I cant see Canelo ever beating Bivol at 175 he just doesn't belong at that weight against a big mobile guy that can box.
    Agree with your take 100%. It's an incredibly bad matchup for Canelo at 175. He might have a better chance at 168 and hope that Bivol is weight drained and loses some energy and punch resistance at the lower weight.

Comment

Yes he will and he will lose again.

Comment

I personally don’t think he does as Bivol is all wrong for him even at 168. After GGG 3, he’ll probably fight a tune up and then do the PBC deal

Comment

I'm gonna say he probably does after GGG 3 but I'm on the fence on how it plays out. On one side I do believe Canelo can perform better than the first fight and Bivol can perform worse but on the other side even if Canelo has a spectacular fight and Bivol does the same thing it'd still be a tough win for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
            I personally don’t think he does as Bivol is all wrong for him even at 168. After GGG 3, he’ll probably fight a tune up and then do the PBC deal
            What’s the PBC deal?

Comment

Not for a while, Canelo will wait for Bivol to get old or have some wars with say, Beterbiev.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

What’s the PBC deal?
                Spence, Big Charlo and Benavidez, all undefeated and easy big money wins.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

Spence, Big Charlo and Benavidez, all undefeated and easy big money wins.
                  I’m not sure if Spence is realistic.

Canelo isn’t making 160 anymore.

Spence would have to move up 3 weight classes

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

I’m not sure if Spence is realistic.

Canelo isn’t making 160 anymore.

Spence would have to move up 3 weight classes
                    It would have been at 164lb. Essentially using Spence as the bait and cashing him out.
                    hhh1200 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

It would have been at 164lb. Essentially using Spence as the bait and cashing him out.
                      A lot of people missed the 164 PBC memo. Alan Haymon will sell his boys if the money is right even if it ruins their careers. Not much different than Hearn plugging Brook in with GGG. That was for the LDBC fanboys who think Alan Haymon would do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X