Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez: I Should Be Next To Fight Canelo, I Have The Receipt That Says I Should Get The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JakeTheBoxer
    replied
    I believe Benavidez destroys Canelo. Canelo looks like a fat flat footed kid even at 168. Benavidez fights nothing like Bivol, but he also likes to let his hands go, I can see Canelo breathing heavy in middle rounds. Canelo will not be able to avoid everything Benavidez is able to throw.

Leave a comment:

• Sid-Knee
    replied
    Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

lol @ even mentioning Ryder who was never even a WC and nothing more than a decent gate keeper. He is on the level of Angulu.

Benavidez has stopped an actual champion in Dirrell. Lemuiex, Medina, Ellis, Garvil are solid wins. And he does not just win, he dominates and stops almost all of them, BJS was not even a legit SM, he moved up won a bum belt off a nobody and suddenly he is some big win for Canelo? lol
    Dirrell and Lemieux were once title holders, but were shot when he took them on. They, and the rest, are garbage. To even claim them as solid is beyond laughable and desperate. Ryder's performances against Callum Smith and his win over Jacobs is vastly superior. To suggest otherwise is beyond the rational.

So an undefeated Saunders doesn't count, even though he's world class and from Middleweight originally, but a shot to pieces Lemieux who is also originally from Middleweight, does count? Even though Saunders dominated a prime version of Lemieux himself?

Yeah, bye.

Leave a comment:

• Damn Wicked
    replied
    Benevidez needs another 2 receipts with the same value as the one he got from the Lemieux fight if he wants to get in the ring with Canelo.

I think Canelo vs Benevidez would be a really good fight to make, but I don't think the Lemieux win tells us much of anything that we didn't already know already. Did anyone seriously pick Lemieux to win that fight??

Leave a comment:

• Sid-Knee
    replied
    Originally posted by Corelone View Post
    Benevidez hasn't fought anybody, he's a fraud because he's American, but you can't name somebody to take him? English, African, Cuban? Name him, You're growing fur on your tongue.
    Benevidez hasn't fought anyone because, he hasn't fought anyone. Him being American doesn't come into it.

I would need to name someone who could take him before claiming he hasn't fought anyone? That's a strawman argument.

Benevidez did actually have the chance to unify way back with Smith when he had the WBC title. But he and his team declined. He has an interesting fight with Morrell waiting for him. He's even called him out. Benevidez should take on the best on offer if he's the real deal. If he doesn't, it's just the same tactics they all use over there. Want the ones who are unavailable. Duck the ones that are.

Same bullshlt, different day.

Leave a comment:

• Sid-Knee
    replied

Nonsense? Name one.
    I think it's time for your medication don't you....

Leave a comment:

• Since1976
    replied
    Not sure what Benabidez, Andrade and Charlo are thinking, Canelo's plan has been clear. If he would"ve beaten Bivol he would have gone after the other belts and GGG, now it's Gennady then Bivol. If he looses to Bivol in the rematch (not that beating GGG at any age is a done deal) I expect a farewell tour and an attempt to pass the torch to someone not with Oscar. Think of Hagler's comment about getting up to run when you sleep in silk PJs, Canelo goes to see fights in silk PJs...

Leave a comment:

• garfios
    replied
    Benevidez hasn't fought anybody, he's a fraud because he's American, but you can't name somebody to take him? English, African, Cuban? Name him, You're growing fur on your tongue.
    I'll say Morell jr has a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Oracle01
    replied
    Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Saunders has wins over Lee, Eubank, Lemieux, Ryder. Tell me who Benevidez has fought that comes anywhere near close?

Hell, Saunders' wins over Blackwell and Monroe are better than anyone Benevidez has fought.

lol @ even mentioning Ryder who was never even a WC and nothing more than a decent gate keeper. He is on the level of Angulu.

Benavidez has stopped an actual champion in Dirrell. Lemuiex, Medina, Ellis, Garvil are solid wins. And he does not just win, he dominates and stops almost all of them, BJS was not even a legit SM, he moved up won a bum belt off a nobody and suddenly he is some big win for Canelo? lol

Leave a comment:

• Haka
    replied
    Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
    i dont really see that fight as competitive at this point, canelo is best against the likes of fielding, yildirim and fighters coming up to 40, put him in with hungry lions like benavidez, charlo brothers, bivol and he is completely out of his depth, why he spent years jumping up and down weightclasses fighting the worst beltholders
    The Sad Truth. Milkin the fans 'Mexican style'

Leave a comment:

• Corelone
    replied
    Originally posted by elfag View Post
    lmao benavidez resume is pure trash, go fight someone with a pulse, he has the worse defense anyone has seen since Chavez Jr and Margarito.

He hasnt done chit to deserve a shot at p4p number 1.
    Name the resume rich guy who is going to beat him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X