Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez: I Should Be Next To Fight Canelo, I Have The Receipt That Says I Should Get The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jockpunk View Post

Because those promoters have contracts with the networks who are going to show the fight? I guarantee you hearn's contract with dazn isn't going to allow him to go make some joint bill with showtime on a canelo fight and haymon's contract with showtime isn't going to allow him to take benevidez over to dazn for a fight.
    Im glad we were able to have a discussion on this forum as it is intended to be without insulting and calling each other names as this happens way to often on this board. Canelo is moving on to fight GGG a third time and not to sure anyone cares. All am I am saying rivals have worked together so showtime could potentially work out a deal with dazn if Canelo wanted to fight someone ties to another network.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      You didn't say that about Bivol. Likewise, Alvarez looked so small in there against Bivol too but he fought him anyway and plans on fighting him again.. Also, David Benavidez is Canelo Alvarez' own size. They both campaign around the 168 lbs weight limit. David Benavidez weighs actually seven pounds lighter or less than Dmitry Bivol.
      Canelo Did look small against Bivol.
      That's the point.
      Canelo's been fighting bigger guys.
      Benavidez smaller guys.

I doubt Bivols walk around weight is more than Benavidez's.
      I think they're both around the Same size.

I'm not hating on Benavidez. I enjoy watching his fights.
      I'm even giving him the easy option of KOing Plant to get the Canelo fight.

You don't think that's fair ?
      You think Benavidez truly deserves the Canelo Payday based on his current resume ?
      You don't think Benavidez KOing Plant would help hype the Fight ?

Comment

Originally posted by NCBoxingPro View Post
        Canelo don't want that work. Stylistically that's a nightmare for Canelo and he knows it. Benavidez won't ease up on the gas like Bivol did. Bivol really could have closed the show with Canelo had he stepped on the gas a little more. Canelo was done by the 9th or 10th round

There are some tough decisions ahead for Canelo. He gets beat at 175 by Bivol and he's got Benavidez awaiting him at 168 who is #1 contender for Canelo's 168 belt. We know he won't fight Benavidez...so where does he go? Who really cares about Canelo and GGG at this point? GGG is past his prime date if we're being honest

Canelo if you're as great as you say you are. Show us. Sooooo...175 might be too big for you...okay totally get it, but you're supposed to be the best at 168 right?

Prove it.

Benavidez has earned shot more than anyone. Regardless of who they've put in front of him he's laying them out. We can't ask anymore from the guy because it appears too many fighters are reluctant to sign on the dotted line and get in the ring with him.

I don't think Charlo is in rush to fight him either. But I get it he's at 168 and Charlo's at 160. And Benavidez is HUGE for 168.
        I agree that Benavidez is a nightmare for Canelo. I’ve been saying it all along, before his recent wake up call at 175, but I do think this fight will happen. Canelo isn’t avoiding anyone. Bivol was a tougher challenge than Benavidez. GGG is a big money, legacy fight whether you’re on board or not. Benavidez will have to keep busy while he waits for his A-side target to get around to it.
        BTW- Benavidez has been one of my favorite fighters for years. Hopefully he can get Plant, or some other 168 former champ in the interim.
        Last edited by Ropeydope; 05-23-2022, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post

Canelo Did look small against Bivol.
          That's the point.
          Canelo's been fighting bigger guys.
          Benavidez smaller guys.

I doubt Bivols walk around weight is more than Benavidez's.
          I think they're both around the Same size.

I'm not hating on Benavidez. I enjoy watching his fights.
          I'm even giving him the easy option of KOing Plant to get the Canelo fight.

You don't think that's fair ?
          You think Benavidez truly deserves the Canelo Payday based on his current resume ?
          You don't think Benavidez KOing Plant would help hype the Fight ?
          I agree with a lot of your points but I am convinced that Canelo is going to continue to avoid Benavidez no matter what he does or who he fights. Even If he does stop both Caleb Plant and Jermall Charlo.

That would only make Canelo even more reluctant in fighting David Benavidez. When he says that they should all fight each other first before fighting him he's copping out. It only reflects a sign that he doesn't want to fight at all.

Comment

You're actually only entitled to a shot at the WBC title, not Canelo.

As for the Picasso comment... I agree. Distorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
              i dont really see that fight as competitive at this point, canelo is best against the likes of fielding, yildirim and fighters coming up to 40, put him in with hungry lions like benavidez, charlo brothers, bivol and he is completely out of his depth, why he spent years jumping up and down weightclasses fighting the worst beltholders
              Charlo is a hungry lion and one of the best? At what, running away from every challenge out there?

Have you lost your mind?

What has Benevidez actually done other than fight shot fighters and bums?

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
                Canelo won’t fight Benevidez for the simple fact that he doesn’t want to lose being the face of Mexican boxing. If Benevidez beats him and embarrasses him at the same time, Canelo will never look as the “great” fighter that his fans desperately want him to be.

Benevidez style will drown Canelo late if they fight. Please tell me how Canelo’s 11-12 punches a round work rate will be enough to stop Benevidez’s combos and non-stop pressure??? This is a Margarito-Cotto 1 all over again without the hand wrap
                But Benevidez is American born and raised?

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
                  Benavidez made weight with 2 pounds to spare. People gotta quit with the "weight bully" business. Yes, he was huge compared to Lemule. Lemule shouldn't be fighting at 168. Anyway, Benavidez has his self to blame for being at the back of the line for the Canelo fight. He lost his belt twice by stupidity. Canelo is fighting GGG next
                  Benevidez struggles with 168. Why do you think he hasn't made that weight in some time before Saturday?

I'm wondering what he used to get down to the weight. It's something, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

But Benevidez is American born and raised?
                    Name an English super middle for Benevidez.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                      Im glad we were able to have a discussion on this forum as it is intended to be without insulting and calling each other names as this happens way to often on this board. Canelo is moving on to fight GGG a third time and not to sure anyone cares. All am I am saying rivals have worked together so showtime could potentially work out a deal with dazn if Canelo wanted to fight someone ties to another network.
                      Yeah man. Unfortunately too often people talk to each other on here with an audacity and rudeness they never would have the nerve to do in person. Truth is we’d all be happy to sit next to and have a conversation about boxing with someone, regardless if they have different opinions than you, over listening about their kids, work, wife, politics etc. Anyone who has crazy strong convictions can bet on any fight they want.
                      You are right on the precedent of networks coming together if that’s a fight that everyone wants and can be worked out financially. Course that is rare. Nobody likes to split the pie more ways than they have to.
                      Patsfan bri likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X