Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez: I Should Be Next To Fight Canelo, I Have The Receipt That Says I Should Get The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
    The "he needs to fight other people first," argument went out the window when Benavidez won the interim belt. A lot of you guys are trying to run with Canelo's words about how the SM's should be fighting each other. Well, I've got news for you, Benavidez not only won a title eliminator but he also became the interim champ. Which means any argument to not push for this fight is bull$#!t.
    The people saying that are Canelo fan boys. They are not fans of the sport.
    JuniorTorres720 likes this.

Comment

Its actually comical seeing all the hype n praise bandera rojas getting for stopping a washed up MW,dont get ne wrong I think benavidez helluva fighter with lots more to prove its just the lack objectiveness and the double standards that makes one wonders
      NachoMan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.NiceGuy View Post

Who did the last 3 fight before Canelo? Yeah fight 3 more(3years from now) and fight Canelo past his prime to help insure his legacy. Both are in their prime with styles that makes a great fight. Sorry that comment lacks merit bro
        Popularity ISNT a reason. Canelo, paid his dues over the past TEN YEARS to be where’s he’s at. He took BIG chances with Mayweather, Lara, GGG, Trout, Cotto, Mosley, Kirkland & Cintron Not to mention that he was EASILY OUT BOXED by many boxers at the beginning of some fights. He already KNEW he could be outboxed by great boxers and he STILL chose to fight Bivol.
        Benavidas is a definite talent. Fight men who gave GGG and Canelo a hard time. Is that unreasonable?
        OLD Lara uses a walker in the ring and is STILL avoided by the Charlas, Benavides & Andrade. Explain to me how that is ok?

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

Your wrong, As much as I want to see the fight too, he hasn’t fought any of the top fighters that Canelo or GGG has fought. TODAY everyone DOESNT want to BUILD a following and a right. I’ll give you another weird thing in boxing. Guys like Charla are at the front of the line for Canelo. My OPINION, he hasn’t fought NO ONE to deserve a shot at Canelo. He’s not EARNED the fight. He hasn’t fought 1 guy of Canelo’s or G’s last 3 opponents. He’s not even in the 168 pound weight class. I’d LOVE to see it though
          You would have a good point IF Canelo had not fought less talented fighters who also hadn't fought anyone to note, Plant, Smith, Sanders, Yilderim, Fieldings are all of lesser caliber than DB with comparable fight records. I'm not saying that Canelo didn't fight and defeat some very good fighters, but he built his undisputed record on the formentioned lesser fighters with titles that are too plentiful and too easy to attain. THATS TELLING IT LIKE IT REALLY IS

Comment

Funny how Bjs and plant were the ones being ducked before,clearly remember usual haters saying canelo WILL NEEVER fight them no way in hell to much risk they said LMAO, just to become 'lesser fighters' once they got beat,exactly the same case now with benavidez
            Last edited by HeyDeebo!; 05-23-2022, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post

And what did Canelo's last 5-7 opponents do to "deserve" the fight?

It's the same idiotic argument. "He hasn't fought anyone elite, because elite fighters are ducking him, because he hasn't fought anyone elite". Hopkins and Golovkin are prime examples of this logic. Call it what you want. Everyone knows that Benavidez is a top opponent for Canelo. If you're pulling up reasons why Canelo shouldn't fight him, you're afraid that Canelo will lose. That's about it.
              Ok moron, let me explain a COMMON occurrence in boxing. All elite boxers take a easy fight in between fights. Those “NOBODIES he fought in the last 5 or so fights at 168 were BELT HOLDERS, even though I/ you wasn’t familiar with them that SHOULDNT detract that they owned a belt. That is significant. He cleaned out the 168 division. It’s not his fault that it was easy, now how about we pretend Benavides ACTUALLY cares about a LEGACY and chooses to fight those SAME MEN. It should be EASY WORK. Will he do it? I seriously doubt it.
              Last edited by MONGOOSE66; 05-23-2022, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                You do realize that promoters have worked together many times to make a fight happen as have networks?
                What incentive do the promoters have to do that? Hearn can make fights in house on dazn without conceding a thing to a rival promoter. At the same time showtime is not just going to allow benevidez to go fight on another network without making any money off of it.

Hearn has the contract with canelo and thus holds all of the chips. Again, Benevidez's promoter understands this which is why he said what he did.

They will have another crack when canelo's contract is up.
                Last edited by jockpunk; 05-23-2022, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

Popularity ISNT a reason. Canelo, paid his dues over the past TEN YEARS to be where’s he’s at. He took BIG chances with Mayweather, Lara, GGG, Trout, Cotto, Mosley, Kirkland & Cintron Not to mention that he was EASILY OUT BOXED by many boxers at the beginning of some fights. He already KNEW he could be outboxed by great boxers and he STILL chose to fight Bivol.
                  Benavidas is a definite talent. Fight men who gave GGG and Canelo a hard time. Is that unreasonable?
                  OLD Lara uses a walker in the ring and is STILL avoided by the Charlas, Benavides & Andrade. Explain to me how that is ok?
                  Popularity has served Canelo well, he deserves the credit as well as the critisim. Most the great fighters he fought were not at their prime which is not fault of his. As you mentioned and I agree with, he deserves his position for the work he put in the last 10 years. The point I'm making is a true champion is great in defeat as well as victory. When reasons such as fight record, legacy, belts, ect. prevents you fighting the best it lessens the sport and you as a champion. I grew up with the 70s and 80s fighters, the truly great champions did lose but always fought the best in their division. Not so much today, sad part is the fans mentality today are more like football fans and not fans of the Sweet Science

Comment

Originally posted by jockpunk View Post

What incentive do the promoters have to do that? Hearn can make fights in house on dazn without conceding a thing to a rival promoter. At the same time showtime is not just going to allow benevidez to go fight on another network without making any money off of it.

Hearn has the contract with canelo and thus holds all of the chips. Again, Benevidez's promoter understands this which is why he said what he did.

They will have another crack when canelo's contract is up.
                    Who cares what the promoter incentives are ? If the fighter want the fight whether it’s to unify, or become undisputed then it’s the promoters job to try and do everything in their power including working with rival promoters and networks. I’m not saying the fight is going to happen because I’m sure it won’t and I’m not saying it always works out between rival promoters and networks I’m just saying it’s not impossible and if Canelo who is undisputed wanted to go back down to 168 and best beat benevidez he could have his team do it because he is the mayweather of this era. Canelo calls you answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                      Who cares what the promoter incentives are ? If the fighter want the fight whether it’s to unify, or become undisputed then it’s the promoters job to try and do everything in their power including working with rival promoters and networks. I’m not saying the fight is going to happen because I’m sure it won’t and I’m not saying it always works out between rival promoters and networks I’m just saying it’s not impossible and if Canelo who is undisputed wanted to go back down to 168 and best beat benevidez he could have his team do it because he is the mayweather of this era. Canelo calls you answer.
                      Because those promoters have contracts with the networks who are going to show the fight? I guarantee you hearn's contract with dazn isn't going to allow him to go make some joint bill with showtime on a canelo fight and haymon's contract with showtime isn't going to allow him to take benevidez over to dazn for a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X