Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez: I Should Be Next To Fight Canelo, I Have The Receipt That Says I Should Get The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo won’t fight Benevidez for the simple fact that he doesn’t want to lose being the face of Mexican boxing. If Benevidez beats him and embarrasses him at the same time, Canelo will never look as the “great” fighter that his fans desperately want him to be.

Benevidez style will drown Canelo late if they fight. Please tell me how Canelo’s 11-12 punches a round work rate will be enough to stop Benevidez’s combos and non-stop pressure??? This is a Margarito-Cotto 1 all over again without the hand wrap
    AeroED, Oracle01 and champion4ever like this.

Comment

Even after the KO, still got Canelo beating hin. As badass as Benavidez is offensively, just doesn’t have the defense to deal with Canelo’s shots

Comment

This is the day we all have been waiting for Canelo Alvarez vs David Benavidez. The best P4P fighter in the world vs the best Super Middleweight in the world. Now make it happen!
        kjeeze941 likes this.

Comment

Canelo on crossroads, but he has nowhere to run.

Will he lose to Bivol again at 175? Will he risk to lose to Bivol at 168? Will he fight Benavidez at 168 as the fans expect him to?

Will he fight somebody like Ryder and be criticized ?

Comment

Lemieux looked so small in there against Benavidez.
            Benavidez is good. But damn. Fight someone your own size. Beat him. Then call out Canelo.

IMO the PBC plan is :
            - get Plant a tune up fight with both him and Benavidez on the card ( or a week apart )
            - have Benavidez KO Plant and call out Canelo in the post fight.
            - offer Canelo a one fight deal against Benavidez with a rematch clause in case Alvarez loses.

Comment

Benavidez made weight with 2 pounds to spare. People gotta quit with the "weight bully" business. Yes, he was huge compared to Lemule. Lemule shouldn't be fighting at 168. Anyway, Benavidez has his self to blame for being at the back of the line for the Canelo fight. He lost his belt twice by stupidity. Canelo is fighting GGG next

Comment

I don't see why Canelo should fight him. Maybe Canelo should go get all the titles at MW, if he can.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
                  Benavidez made weight with 2 pounds to spare. People gotta quit with the "weight bully" business. Yes, he was huge compared to Lemule. Lemule shouldn't be fighting at 168. Anyway, Benavidez has his self to blame for being at the back of the line for the Canelo fight. He lost his belt twice by stupidity. Canelo is fighting GGG next
                  Red - Exactly.
                  Blue - what weight division?

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                    Really, receipt for fighting a nobody. You need to fight the last 3 opponents of Canelo or GGG, then you have some receipts. Whip them all first.
                    He's a 2 WBC Champ who never lost the belt in the ring. Not only that but he's got a win for a title eliminator and he just became interim champ. You're argument is for show biz but in boxing he's earned the fight and is next in line.

Comment

The "he needs to fight other people first," argument went out the window when Benavidez won the interim belt. A lot of you guys are trying to run with Canelo's words about how the SM's should be fighting each other. Well, I've got news for you, Benavidez not only won a title eliminator but he also became the interim champ. Which means any argument to not push for this fight is bull$#!t.

Comment

Working...
                      X