No announcement yet.

Now we all know why Canelo ducked Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now we all know why Canelo ducked Pacquiao

Dmitry Bivol showed us why Canelo ducked Pacquiao back in 2014. Canelo would not have stood a chance vs Pacquiao at 152lbs. That's why he turned down Pacquiao's offer and asked for 154lbs or no fight. Ducked Pacquiao to fight Erislandy Lara, a mediocre fighter who he should have KO'ed in under 6 rounds. Pacquiao would have stopped Canelo with ease, likely retire him in his corner, or have Reynoso throw in the towel.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-o...-weight--78556

“Those days are over. I don’t fight outside my weight class. That’s the first thing I learned in my fight with Floyd [Mayweather]. I don’t fight outside my weight. If they want to fight at 154 then we can move forward and if not, I’ll continue with my career,” Alvarez would tell BoxingScene.

“I think it’s a fight that could probably happen. They are fighters that are in their moment and if that fight happens, we’re ready. At this point though, it’s just rumors and we’re ready for this fight [with Lara],” said Canelo."

Pac wanted no part of Canelo. He's afraid of good counter punchers. You know he just loves to fight Floyd's sloppy seconds. If he thought he had a chance the fight would have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Dmitry Bivol showed us why Canelo ducked Pacquiao back in 2014. Canelo would not have stood a chance vs Pacquiao at 152lbs. That's why he turned down Pacquiao's offer and asked for 154lbs or no fight. Ducked Pacquiao to fight Erislandy Lara, a mediocre fighter who he should have KO'ed in under 6 rounds. Pacquiao would have stopped Canelo with ease, likely retire him in his corner, or have Reynoso throw in the towel.

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-o...-weight--78556
      Your kidding with that sheeity assessment, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
        Pac wanted no part of Canelo. He's afraid of good counter punchers. You know he just loves to fight Floyd's sloppy seconds. If he thought he had a chance the fight would have happened.
        Shouldn't really be boasting about a cw win of floyds. Pac beat all common opponents more dominant so no reason why Pac wouldn't do same with a drained one! But why should Pac fight nel o when he's fighting spence and thurman guys Floyd wouldn't ever fight?

Comment

Pacquiao has one TKO in the last 12 years. He couldn’t even stop Jessie Vargas, Bradley, or Rios and he couldn't stop Algieri at catchweight either. He fought 10 guys who were coming off losses he wasn’t going to face Canelo.

This post just proves to me that Pacquiao fans are jealous Floyd beat Canelo. Notice how op has to include a quote that includes Floyd name
          -Kev- likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Shouldn't really be boasting about a cw win of floyds. Pac beat all common opponents more dominant so no reason why Pac wouldn't do same with a drained one! But why should Pac fight nel o when he's fighting spence and thurman guys Floyd wouldn't ever fight?
            Floyd EASILY beat your hero and your undying man love will never change that.

Comment

u just cant compare canelo to them sort of guys, even in his late 30s pacquiao would have boxed rings around canelo just completely different level of fighter him and floyd, why canelo was floyds easiest ever fight, them guys could beat canelo with one arm tied behind their back
              -Kev- likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                u just cant compare canelo to them sort of guys, even in his late 30s pacquiao would have boxed rings around canelo just completely different level of fighter him and floyd, why canelo was floyds easiest ever fight, them guys could beat canelo with one arm tied behind their back
                Agreed. Canelo, Reynoso and De La Hoya all knew this. That’s why they ducked Pacquiao. DLH probably peed his pants for having flashbacks of his stoppage loss against Pacquiao at 147. No one’s ever put a beating on DLH like that. He didn’t want his star fighter to suffer the same fate.

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post
                  he wasn’t going to face Canelo.

This post just proves to me that Pacquiao fans are jealous Floyd beat Canelo. Notice how op has to include a quote that includes Floyd name
                  Why would Pac fans be jealous of a cw win over green as grass nelo? Floyd wasnt ever going to fight thurman, spence, bradley.
                  Pac is literally fighting all the guys Floyd ducked. No cws. Floyd fans are obviously the bitter fans. Embarrassed Floyd don't even fight guys in his own division? Why should Pac fight nel o who's in a different weight class?
                  ​​
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 05-23-2022, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Why would Pac fans be jealous of a cw win over green as grass nelo? Floyd wasnt ever going to fight thurman, spence, bradley.
                    Pac is literally fighting all the guys Floyd ducked. No cws. Floyd fans are obviously the bitter fans
                    ​​
                    That was a prime Canelo. Canelo fans want to call him green to ease the pain of knowing their hero lost to a small, old, past prime, bloated welterweight with brittle hands.

And bloated “welterweight” is a stretch. Someone who comes into the ring at 150lbs on fight night for his welterweight bouts is not a full sized welterweight. And someone who comes in at 150lbs for a 154lb fight (vs De La Hoya) is absolutely not a guy who belongs anywhere near 154lbs. Coming in at 150lbs for a 152lb catchweight shows further evidence of how small he is for that weight. I would call Mayweather more of a bloated Junior Welterweight.

That’s who Canelo lost to. Cherrypicked an old and small man who weighs 150lbs on fight night and couldn’t even win at least 5 rounds against him.

Comment

Working...
                    X