Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Bill Haney Australian Visa Denial Ahead of Kambosos Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thegreenmachine
    replied
    Originally posted by zedster View Post
    I am Australian. We let Mike Tyson visit here in 2012 for six days. I don't understand
    And how many years was he knocked back for ? He was knocked back for years n minister never gave him an exemption till then .It can be overruled by the minister. You never gunna just apply with Haneys record and get it stamped as a yes first time especially when it sounds like he didn’t lodge it really early , also when u had a conservative govt n a minister that followed hard ass dickhead ex cop peter dutton as minister . Mark Hunt was denied a visa at one stage to the US over a fight that he spent a night in jail from 15 years earlier that came with no charges . He got it sorted just in time to fight but was a day or 2 from being cancelled cos he couldn’t get in . Haney needs more time time n doesn’t have it

Leave a comment:

• thegreenmachine
    replied
    All u ****wits on here are ****ing clueless . Have u looked at the US immigration? They have ruined countless careers in fight sports and music by banning people with criminal records from entering .Someone with 2 kilo of coke would never be allowed in . No chance in hell . N as for ppp comparing it to Tyson he was knocked back multiple times before being allowed years later . Snoop got knocked back and then let in . Who knows Haneys situation but it probably wasn’t enough time for ongoing appeals . Not at all unusual for any country to knock back a guy with his record on his first attempt to enter a country . And minister can overruled. Diff govt in power diff chances . For a rematch I would give him a good chance to get in . With the extra time to lobby .So get a grip u ****sticks it’s no conspiracy and Australia isn’t any different to anywhere else let alone the US. The worlds toughest place for ex con to get a visa to visit.

Leave a comment:

• Sid-Knee
    replied
    Originally posted by BreWall View Post
    The rematch, if there is, should be in the US. All big fights should be in America. You can be an American and the audience would still be cheering for your opponent. I find it hilarious when a Brit fighter gets murked and humiliated in his home turf. Why even put that pressure on yourself? Examples like Josh Taylor, most recent one. There's ex-champ Terry Harper getting schooled and KO'd after being hyped in the intro presentation. There's Kid Galahad also getting KO'd in front of his countrymen by a semi-retired Kiko Martinez.
    You shouldn't let your bias and inferiority complex come out at the wrong times. Wait until the subject matter has at least something to do with the nutter shlt you're writing.

Leave a comment:

• rudy
    replied
    Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

Probably that Australia is actually just a British penal colony and is founded by rapists and killers. Kambumsauce by decision haney is too young and not as good as he thinks
    Thank you somebody understands

Leave a comment:

• andocom
    replied
    Lol at people thinking this has anything to do with tilting the scales in George's favour, like some paper pusher at immagration would know who Bill Haney is.

He has a conviction for drug trafficing, 2kg of cocaine would be considered a rather serious trafficer in Australia, no suprise that would get him knocked back.

Hell Floyd was refused entry for domestic abuse, Snoop was refused a visa for drug & firearm offenses, Chris Brown also for domestic abuse.

Believe me, this has nothing to do with Devin's fight and not at all unexpected, unless of course you have no idea of Australia's visa requirements.

He can probably get an immergration laywer and appeal to the minister for special circumstances, but the fact he was denied is no surprise with that criminal history.

Leave a comment:

• boxing IQ
    replied
    I get Australia standing by it's fighter, but this...

Leave a comment:

• zedster
    replied
    I am Australian. We let Mike Tyson visit here in 2012 for six days. I don't understand

Leave a comment:

• Fists_of_Fury
    replied
    Bill did the crime and is paying for it. Just because he is black doesn't mean he shouldn't take personal responsibility and accountability for his actions. He was selling drugs not Kambosos or Australia. Stop deflecting blame off that black bigot degenerate.

Leave a comment:

• BreWall
    replied
    The rematch, if there is, should be in the US. All big fights should be in America. You can be an American and the audience would still be cheering for your opponent. I find it hilarious when a Brit fighter gets murked and humiliated in his home turf. Why even put that pressure on yourself? Examples like Josh Taylor, most recent one. There's ex-champ Terry Harper getting schooled and KO'd after being hyped in the intro presentation. There's Kid Galahad also getting KO'd in front of his countrymen by a semi-retired Kiko Martinez.

Leave a comment:

• Lupara
    replied
    Bill did his time. Should be allowed in after a certain amount of time passes...and that amount of time shouldn't have to be 30 fricken years ffs

Leave a comment:

Working...
X