Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jean Pascal Rallies In Second Half To Shock Meng Fanlong, Wins Unanimous Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I missed the card, who did they have doing the commentating?
    Roy Jones Jr, Antonio Tarver and Paul Malignaggi (who also did the post-fight interview).

Mike Goldberg was calling the action, and I sincerely didn't like him one iota.
    Last edited by Tatabanya; 05-21-2022, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

Roy Jones Jr, Antonio Tarver and Paul Malignaggi (who also did the post-fight interview).

Not a Goldberg fan myself but those other three are some of the best boxing commentators in my opinion. I will have to give a listen to see how they meshed.
      Mooshashi likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post
        This Fanlong guy has a Luis Ortiz 50 year old face going on.
        It’s that “I grew up under communism” face.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Not a Goldberg fan myself but those other three are some of the best boxing commentators in my opinion. I will have to give a listen to see how they meshed.
          It seemed a bit crowded at times but the three boxers did well and were having a good time. Paulie busted out his fluent Spanish during the post fight interviews. Well done production especially as it was the first stream. Worth the $19/year for this card alone. Better than some $70ppvs I've paid for recently. No time consuming drink walks, bout after bout started quickly. And no David "it's spinal" Diamante strutting around.
          PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Congrats to Pascal he still has it at 39 what a warrior well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

Damn I would've watched if I had known they were involved in the commentating. I've been wondering why we haven't seen Roy anywhere after his HBO contract expired.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post

It seemed a bit crowded at times but the three boxers did well and were having a good time. Paulie busted out his fluent Spanish during the post fight interviews. Well done production especially as it was the first stream. Worth the $19/year for this card alone. Better than some $70ppvs I've paid for recently. No time consuming drink walks, bout after bout started quickly. And no David "it's spinal" Diamante strutting around.
                It's only $19 a year? Damn. I just looked at the ProBox website; Marquez, RJJ, Tarver and Paulie are partners in the endeavor. Impressive. Their mission (to provide live boxing content at all levels) is exactly what I had hoped DAZN would do. I will have to sign up for this.

Boxing-1013 and Mooshashi like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post

NSB is like

"Why won't this highly ranked fighter (Spence, Crawford etc.) fight this high risk low reward fighter (Boots)? DUCKING!!!"
                  "Why won't this highly ranked fighter (Canelo) fight this high risk low reward fighter (Bumbanga)? DUCKING!!!"

But here, NSB is like

"Why did this highly ranked fighter (Fanlong) fight this high risk low reward fighter (Pascal)? Doesn't make sense"

At some point, NSB, you need to be CONSISTENT.
                  Yes, all posters on this forum need to have the same opinion.

Very, very intelligent take.

Comment

Wow only 9 pages in this thread?

Comment

The peds are like a fine wine

Comment

Working...
                      X