No announcement yet.

Can Crawford surpass Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haka View Post

blablabla those don't mean shyte, they are all made up you know that, in this multi-belt era. Why no prime Pac, Lara, GGG, Martinez, Williams, 154 Canelo, Margarito... But old Mosley, Ortiz, Guerrero, LW JMM, washed up Cotto, etc etc.
    They all in the multi belt era right, so it's all relevant in the big picture, I don't think TC has the time or the hunger to be bigger than Floyd, that is if bigger, greater or whatever encompasses all of everything.

Comment

The simple answer is no. We are not talking about a young fighter who already has a hall of fame career. We are talking about a boxer who will turn 35 in a few months time and has done nothing remarkable in his career.

Comment

Yes if he dominates Spence, Charlo and Ennis and becomes undisputed at 147 and 154 go along with the undisputed at 140

Comment

Not enough time (Bud is 35)
          Definitely not enough quality guys for him to fight
          Let's be real, he is not moving up to fight a dangerous guy.

So the ans is no

Comment

It is kinda too late considering his best win is Shawn Porter at the of age 34 years old.

Comment

I agree with most on here, no. He is my favorite fighter currently, but the only way to catch up to boxers like Pac, Floyd, or Canelo is to have been able to pick your opponents. I think he would have attempted to clean all of 147 3 years ago and already been at 154 if successful(which I believe he would have been). Without being a "cash cow" and being a dangerous opponent with no major upside, I think it stunted his career. If he would have been in Mayweather's era, where most boxers were there to prove they were the best, he would have the opportunity as well.

Comment

If won 3 undisputed, of course he would but you can thank Al Haymon given he won't get a shot at Charlo and Spence. Like those are the logical fights to make

Comment

Originally posted by DeryckAtlanta View Post
                  I agree with most on here, no. He is my favorite fighter currently, but the only way to catch up to boxers like Pac, Floyd, or Canelo is to have been able to pick your opponents. I think he would have attempted to clean all of 147 3 years ago and already been at 154 if successful(which I believe he would have been). Without being a "cash cow" and being a dangerous opponent with no major upside, I think it stunted his career. If he would have been in Mayweather's era, where most boxers were there to prove they were the best, he would have the opportunity as well.

Torrence took the path of least resistance though. No one told him to sign a new contract with Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post

Torrence took the path of least resistance though. No one told him to sign a new contract with Arum.
                    He restructured/extended his contract after Horn for higher purses and it only added 1 year. In that last year he fought a PBC fighter, so I don't think his signature changed who would get in the ring. If those belts were held by any other promotional company, I believe Crawford would have gotten those fights. Though I didn't like it, it made business sense for Spence to get all the belts before TC due to the fact that they were all held by a PBC fighter. If he fought Crawford and lost earlier, Crawford would have had 2 belts and PBC would have to look to him/TR for the rest of the championship fights.

Comment

lol hes 35 years old, only 3 weight classes and he has to hype Indongo as some amazing fighter for one of his best wins.

not even close

Comment

Working...
                      X