Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Fires Back at Ellerbe: I'm 100 Times Bigger Than You! What Are You? Nothing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is a shining star in the UK at 135 now? It's a serious question. World level.
    Not talking about Katie Taylor. Maybe Hearn can sell Davis-Katie Taylor to the UK fans!
    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 05-20-2022, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NCBoxingPro View Post

Yep he's Mayweather stooge with that AL HAYMON money backing them. MAYWEATHER PROMTIONS = PBC JUST LIKE MATCHROOM = DAZN ONLY DIFFERENCE IS MAYWEATHER PROMTIONS IS MAKE HUGE MONEY FOR PBC AND SHOWTIME WHEREAS MATCHROOM IS NOT.

QUICK QUESTION?? WHO DOES HEARN HAVE THAT HE CAN MATCH A FIGHTER OF DAVIS' CALIBER WITH FROM HIS STABLE?? HE COULDN'T EVEN LOCK DOWN THE DEVIN HANEY / GEORGE KAMBOSOS FIGHT FOR ONE OF HIS TOP FIGHTERS OR HAVE WE FORGOT THAT. CHECK THE MATCHROOM ROSTER AND GET BACK WITH ME :-)

WHAT HEARN FORGOT TO SAY DURING THAT INTERVIEW IS WHO HAS THE MOST PPV AND TOP RATED FIGHTERS IN THE WORLD?? MAYWEATHER PROMTIONS / PBC

COMPARE MATCHROOM / DAZN FIGHTERS WITH PBC FIGHTERS AND TELL US WHO HAS BEST STABLE. AS I SAID HE JUST LOST HANEY BECAUSE HE COULDN'T BAG THE KAMBOSOS FIGHT AND HE ALSO JUST LOST ANDRADE BECAUSE HE COULDN'T GET HIM FIGHTS. I LOVE HEARN'S ARROGANCE, AND HIS GIFT FOR GAB BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS HE HAS F--KED DAZN OUT OF A LOT OF MONEY. GOLDEN BOY CONTRACT WAS JUST RENEWED BY DAZN WHEREAS MATCHROOM HAS NOT AS OF YET.

HE'S TALKING ABOUT HOW HE'S A 100 PERCENT BIGGER THAN ELLERBE IN THE STATES RIGHT??? SO WHY DID HE HAVE ANDRADE FIGHTING SO MANY TOMATO CANS OUT OF THE UK??? WHY WASN'T HE BAGGING FIGHTS AGAINST BIG FIGHTERS HERE IN THE US. BECAUSE HE COULDN'T. NO SHAME IN THAT, BUT JUST OWN UP TO YOUR BULLSH-T.

EDDIE HEARN MAY BE GOOD BY THE MOUTH, BUT THE POCKETS NO SO MUCH.

MEN LIE. WOMEN LIE. ALL PROMOTERS LIE. BUT THE NUMBERS DON'T

FACTS research them.
      Matchroom is decided on whether Andrade gets a big fight or not? This is rational to you?

Eddie made a 7 Mill offer to Charlo to fight Andrade. This is ridiculous money considering the market value of both. But he did everything to get the fight done. It's not his fault Charlo is a coward. The fight not happening doesn't come down to Eddie's lack of promoter capabilities. He then offered to have Andrade go over to PBC, but they had to make an offer first. It wasn't forthcoming. Nothing more he can do.

I'll put your own ridiculous question to you: If PBC are the biggest promotional outfit in the game, then why can't they get a big fight for Charlo?

What lies can you expose? What numbers are you talking about? Spell it out. Don't be cryptic. Just put it all out there. I mean, your comment is already loaded with irony as it is. Why not go to even bigger extremes and do a proper job of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        “Can you imagine if we sign Gervonta Davis?” Hearn added.

Yeah, actually we can! All we have to do is look at what you did with Andrade an Haney (not to mention Tevin Farmer!) ! Lol! If you sign him, he'll be leaving you and signing a 2-fight deal with Top Rank, just like Devin Haney! LMAO!
        Farmer got paid money he wouldn't come close to getting anywhere else. He got opportunities he wouldn't have otherwise got. Now he's been out of the ring for a couple of years and is looking to fight another fighter whose been out for years on a PPV no one will care to watch. He'll make peanuts. Where are all the other promoters giving him the opportunity? Exactly. LMAO.

Eddie didn't try and stand in the way of Haney like other promoters would have and made the boxing landscape worse than it already is. But that's a slight on Eddie in your eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
          Ellerbe is right. Hearn has not built an american star. His american fights have abysmal numbers. Even at his best, he could not reach mayweather promotion numbers in $$$. He has been conceding in purse bids left and right on top of that. Hearn is now on canelo's nuts, an already established star. His biggest star AJ is looking really bad recently, and I feel usyk is going to school him or even KO him this time. Hearn is f'ked.
          I think that's pretty naive. The fact that Canelo and Haney went with a "UK Promoter" means clearly American promoters are not seen as reliable by some of the biggest names (and neither are vast majority of UK promoters btw so no national sides here). Using Mayweather promotion numbers as a benchmark is pretty silly and frankly Ellerbe has little to do with that - Al Haymon is running the show behind the scenes and it's built of 2 decades of Mayweather achievements.

Even if AJ loses to Usyk (admittedly a real possibility) , to think that he is 'finished' is also pretty naive - he would still be a huge draw for those leading up to the Title and in contention. I actually hope he loses so he stops holding the division hostage and also realises his inactivity (in favour of $$$) is killing his career.

Ellerbe is really just a paper CEO and Floyd is about the worst businessman involved in boxing today - he really has now business being in the promotion business as he is too concerned about his own legacy.

I think the reality is much of this irritation from US promoters is that they see Hearn poaching their top stars and due to Hearn immaturity he can't resist rubbing salt into the wounds and being smug about it. Hence (and Hearn has himself a lot to blame) they formed a consortium to block him out and so far it's working. But Hearn is by far the best promoter (setting up the shows, matching opponents, building undercards, breaking new ground (e.g. Middle East). But let's also not pretend that PBC, TopRank, Goldenboy on the whole were not killing the sport in the US and the sanctioning bodies are equally culpable along with networks (this before Dazn and Hearn arrived on scene). Lack of fights like Crawford vs Spence and protection of fighters like Wilder (despite a good crop of US talent) are just a few examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Farmer got paid money he wouldn't come close to getting anywhere else. He got opportunities he wouldn't have otherwise got. Now he's been out of the ring for a couple of years and is looking to fight another fighter whose been out for years on a PPV no one will care to watch. He'll make peanuts. Where are all the other promoters giving him the opportunity? Exactly. LMAO.

Eddie didn't try and stand in the way of Haney like other promoters would have and made the boxing landscape worse than it already is. But that's a slight on Eddie in your eyes?
            Farmer should've stayed with PBC, and got that Tank fight! He would've made more money! Farmer, Andrade, Hunter, and Haney, all made a big mistake! DAZN has done nothing for them!

Comment

Originally posted by hennanra1000 View Post

I think that's pretty naive. The fact that Canelo and Haney went with a "UK Promoter" means clearly American promoters are not seen as reliable by some of the biggest names (and neither are vast majority of UK promoters btw so no national sides here). Using Mayweather promotion numbers as a benchmark is pretty silly and frankly Ellerbe has little to do with that - Al Haymon is running the show behind the scenes and it's built of 2 decades of Mayweather achievements.

Even if AJ loses to Usyk (admittedly a real possibility) , to think that he is 'finished' is also pretty naive - he would still be a huge draw for those leading up to the Title and in contention. I actually hope he loses so he stops holding the division hostage and also realises his inactivity (in favour of $$$) is killing his career.

Ellerbe is really just a paper CEO and Floyd is about the worst businessman involved in boxing today - he really has now business being in the promotion business as he is too concerned about his own legacy.

I think the reality is much of this irritation from US promoters is that they see Hearn poaching their top stars and due to Hearn immaturity he can't resist rubbing salt into the wounds and being smug about it. Hence (and Hearn has himself a lot to blame) they formed a consortium to block him out and so far it's working. But Hearn is by far the best promoter (setting up the shows, matching opponents, building undercards, breaking new ground (e.g. Middle East). But let's also not pretend that PBC, TopRank, Goldenboy on the whole were not killing the sport in the US and the sanctioning bodies are equally culpable along with networks (this before Dazn and Hearn arrived on scene). Lack of fights like Crawford vs Spence and protection of fighters like Wilder (despite a good crop of US talent) are just a few examples.
              Hearn has done nothing of note in america, and dazn is a joke of an app. Mayweather promotions know how to promote their fights unlike hearn. Hearn did a poor job with many fighters like andrade. Canelo in particular went with hearn so that they can duck tougher fights at pbc, and it is so apparent. Ellerbe has been working hard behind the scenes to help mayweather promotions and even promote some pbc fights, so calling him a paper ceo is naive. Crawford vs spence will happen if crawford can come to his senses that he is not the A-side, and it is silly to call wilder protected because he was the one who was asking for all of the fights. AJ ducked him multiple times and hearn was protecting AJ, so cut that soft **** out.
              Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamboal00 View Post
                Hearn can be a bit of a twat sometimes but he's right here. Ellerby is like that guy in Game of Thrones, the fat bald one with no c*ck that follows the power men around. Leonard is like Little Finger, but even uglier. He's so much of a Mayweather b*tch he's lost all his masculinity.
                Hahah that was cold
                Rec28 likes this.

Comment

Not a fan of LE. Something about him makes me want to fight him. Glad he lives out west and did not grow up in muh hood. Also that fascination with Hearns is not normal. It's like Paul Finebaum's fascination with Urban Meyer a few years ago. I don't get the dude on dude fascination. LE just seems corrupt to me in like his pocket is his main interest not the boxing fan which somebody should tell him boxing fans are his pocket. It sure as hell ain't the other way around. Yeah dude just does not rub be right. Put me in the Hearns camp until goat FM kicks LE to the curb.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post

Hearn has done nothing of note in america, and dazn is a joke of an app. Mayweather promotions know how to promote their fights unlike hearn. Hearn did a poor job with many fighters like andrade. Canelo in particular went with hearn so that they can duck tougher fights at pbc, and it is so apparent. Ellerbe has been working hard behind the scenes to help mayweather promotions and even promote some pbc fights, so calling him a paper ceo is naive. Crawford vs spence will happen if crawford can come to his senses that he is not the A-side, and it is silly to call wilder protected because he was the one who was asking for all of the fights. AJ ducked him multiple times and hearn was protecting AJ, so cut that soft **** out.
                    Name the top boxers under the Mayweather promotions Banner
                    Also
                    Give us some Examples of all the successful Fights Ellerbe & Mayweather promotions promoted
                    I'll wait.....
                    FYI
                    ​​​​​​​Wilder never asked for the AJ fight

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

Name the top boxers under the Mayweather promotions Banner
                      Also
                      Give us some Examples of all the successful Fights Ellerbe & Mayweather promotions promoted
                      I'll wait.....
                      FYI
                      ​​​​​​​Wilder never asked for the AJ fight

Mayweather promotions has a rich history in america, even to this day, unlike matchroom. That alone should be plain obvious even to a casual. I am not answering dumb questions, especially from someone who still don't believe wilder wanted the AJ fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X