Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo still has no legacy defining wins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo's draw against GGG is better than any win Gayweather has ever had. Gayweather never fought anyone on the level of what GGG was at the time.

And I'm not talking about GGG being better than someone like Marquez or Pac. I'm talking about the point in time when he fought them, like Pacquiao for example, he was past it and already had some losses when Gayweather finally nutted up and fought him.
    blitted_master likes this.

Comment

when you properly dissect his resume and look at the age/recent form of his 'best' wins then you realise his CV isnt that impressive at all. there are plenty of fighters in every weight class with more talent and ability than canelo, problem is they arent a marketable white skinned mexican so never got the VIP treatment from the promoters. Fair play to golden boy and that cokehead in charge, they made a B+ fighter look like some superstar by careful matchmaking, slipping a few quid to the judges and filling him up to the eyeballs with PEDS. they all got rich out of this con- the promoters, the trainers, the judges and canelo himself.
      Floyd is TBE likes this.

Comment

This can be said for many fighters who have good wins but nothing defining. I'd put here people like Crawford, Loma, Fury. This concept has two parts: Lower and upper scale. Career defining is taking on your toughest test and shining, wowing the crowd. For me, belts and rankings don't figure into it. Being memorable is a big part. For Tito, it was a much younger Vargas. The way Usyk handled Glowacki is something I'll never forget. Floyd-Corrales or Canelo. Katie Taylor-Amanda Serrano or Jessica McCaskill. You can add to this.

Floyd-Pacman is not career defining, even though fight was not that close. I haven't seen anything too defining for Usyk after that Glowacki fight. Yes, he has taken on other good fights. What's Loma's career defining fight? None. If he is able to beat Davis at any point, that'd be huge. Neither 50lb Rigo nor Lopez are defining. Canelo's most memorable fight for me was Liam Smith. That ain't defining either.

At the lower scale, in your younger years, I'd use Davis-Pedraza as an example. That's Gervonta's defining fight, so far, where people saw his potential.
        Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 05-19-2022, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Beating Ggg the man Floyd ducked, nel o is doing fine. Unified 168. And trying to unify 175

Comment

Neither does Floyd. He never beat an elite level fighter at their best. For all of you bashing Canelo, remember how you and Floyd all like to brag about his win over him. How are you bragging about beating Canelo out of one side of your mouth while insisting he was a hype job all along out the other side of your mouth? Clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

Neither does Gayweather. All of is wins have been to bums and dudes that were over the hill. Castillo, De la Hoya and Maidana all got controversial losses, Pac was way past his prime and now you're claiming Canelo isn't as good as people make him out to be, well that Gayweather win is insignificant then.

He ducked prime Pacquiao for 5-6 years. He ducked Margarito, Tszyu, Williams, Sergio Martinez and GGG.
              You can put Casamayor in that list too.
              El_Maldito_Rey likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                when you properly dissect his resume and look at the age/recent form of his 'best' wins then you realise his CV isnt that impressive at all. there are plenty of fighters in every weight class with more talent and ability than canelo, problem is they arent a marketable white skinned mexican so never got the VIP treatment from the promoters. Fair play to golden boy and that cokehead in charge, they made a B+ fighter look like some superstar by careful matchmaking, slipping a few quid to the judges and filling him up to the eyeballs with PEDS. they all got rich out of this con- the promoters, the trainers, the judges and canelo himself.
                I thought you said you were leaving the forum if Bivol beat Canelo?
                blitted_master likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post
                  Canelo's draw against GGG is better than any win Gayweather has ever had. Gayweather never fought anyone on the level of what GGG was at the time.

And I'm not talking about GGG being better than someone like Marquez or Pac. I'm talking about the point in time when he fought them, like Pacquiao for example, he was past it and already had some losses when Gayweather finally nutted up and fought him.
                  ggg is literally a hypejob lol. at least floyd fought great fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Neither does Floyd. He never beat an elite level fighter at their best. For all of you bashing Canelo, remember how you and Floyd all like to brag about his win over him. How are you bragging about beating Canelo out of one side of your mouth while insisting he was a hype job all along out the other side of your mouth? Clowns.
                    Valid point.

Floyd did great...............Rockin'
                    Last edited by Rockin'1; 05-19-2022, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeOoze View Post

ggg is literally a hypejob lol. at least floyd fought great fighters.
                      Are you implying that he wasn't even a solid fighter? ................Rockin'
                      Last edited by Rockin'1; 05-19-2022, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X