Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan: Asians will never succeed because they are frail due to poor diets, eating too much curry and use racism as an excuse for why they cant compete

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan: Asians will never succeed because they are frail due to poor diets, eating too much curry and use racism as an excuse for why they cant compete

Dam Amir Khan dropping bombs he is getting heat for his comments.

said they eat too much curries and British have better diets and are stronger than his people.

Twitter users soon called out Khan for his remarks.

“These quotes from Amir Khan are terrible (including the curry slander),” sports journalist Shireen Ahmed tweeted. “But in a week with so much trauma the ‘...when people bring religion or racism into something I think it’s all bollocks’ line has me livid. Major disappointment.”

“Quiet unbelievable that someone who has experienced racism in sport has opted to perpetuate harmful stereotypes here,” freelance journalist Renuka Odedra said. “Some entitlement from him to resort to the ‘they eat too much curry’ and ‘they’re using racism as an excuse’ mindset. Smh.”

“What nonsense and ridiculous generalizations about curries and Asian diets, why is this clown so full of himself,” another user said

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boxer-ami...000833487.html
    Last edited by hectari; 05-19-2022, 10:30 AM.

Kinda understandable, you can't beat a good curry.
    shenmue likes this.

Comment

Khan is a disgrace

Comment

What is he talking about one of the greatest boxers of all time is Asian.

Pac man.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyShaw View Post
          What is he talking about one of the greatest boxers of all time is Asian.

Pac man.
          I think Khan's talking about just South Asians, not all Asians.
          Last edited by VG_Addict; 05-19-2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

hes not the brightest bulb on the xmas tree but hes entitled to his opinions, right or wrong, its probably what he sees around him in his life, he sees asians eating curry and giving out about having no opportunites & thinks hhhhmmm

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post

I think Khan's talking about just South Asians, not all Asians.
              I see.

To be honest yea I think he's right
              blitted_master and pesticid like this.

Comment

South Asian food is awesome

India/Pakistan are amazing countries.

They’re more interested in cricket. If boxing was more popular they’d have success.

siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
                  South Asian food is awesome

India/Pakistan are amazing countries.

They’re more interested in cricket. If boxing was more popular they’d have success.
                  Completely agree about the food.

The cricket angle is interesting, India have never had an out and out fast bowler yet Pakistan just keep rolling them out off conveyor belts, Pakistan also has far more power hitters.

Someone had a theory that it's because Indians don't eat meat? Probably a load of bollocks but I think it's an interesting subject.
                  ​​​​​​
                  I also think that Asians have a lot more pressure on them by their families to go into academic subjects rather than sports, it's a culture thing.

Comment

In my (limited) experience the main reason South Asians don't do much boxing is the parents not supporting it, sometimes for religious reasons.

Comment

Working...
                    X