Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Promoter: Usyk is Not Fighting For Himself; He's Fighting for the Whole Democratic World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like that sort of rhetoric. Loads of people don't, but I do. Listen, any reason is more reason than just some money or personal glorification. If all you got is family honor, your country, your people, etc. that's a fine additional motivator in my opinion.

I wish guys would come out to more rhetorical music though. We have so many songs in America glorifying the US over UK revolution and 1812 but when Americans fight Brits, they may even make it poltical/nationalistic and still going to come out to some **** like TNT by ACDC.

Also, would be nice to hear more artists from dudes' homes.

Comment

Originally posted by harry-greb View Post
      Fighting for the whole democratic world......... in that bastion of democracy and freedom..
      eh Saudi Arabia!!!!!! hmmmmmmmm
      Yep I'm like many behind the cause to stop this moronic invasion BUT the planned setting can not be defended.
      harry-greb likes this.

Comment

He could have fight earlier for democracy, since 2014. It is well known tha Ukrayne is very corupted country.
        Boxing-1013 likes this.

Comment

Screw that crap. Stop mixing boxing and politics. Most of us are desensitized to the killing and maiming of innocent people in many parts of the world. Ukraine ain't special.
          eco1, Citizen Koba and Boxing-1013 like this.

Comment

Ukraine isn't even Democratic. There was an illegal coup in 2014 that overthrew the Democratically elected government. That new government placed restrictions on non-Ukrainian minorities, then attacked them when they protested. Zelensky has banned all opposition groups as well in the current. Usyk is fighting for his love of the sport and the money. It has nothing to do with Democracy

Comment

Damn I guess I'm rooting for AJ now

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
                Ukraine isn't even Democratic. There was an illegal coup in 2014 that overthrew the Democratically elected government. That new government placed restrictions on non-Ukrainian minorities, then attacked them when they protested. Zelensky has banned all opposition groups as well in the current. Usyk is fighting for his love of the sport and the money. It has nothing to do with Democracy
                Very well said. Kudos.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Very well said. Kudos.
                  Out of curiousity, I'm interested to know what Usyk's and Lomachenko's views are on Ukrainian far right and Neo-Nazi groups like Aidar, Azov etc.

Comment

So what is AJ fighting for? Totalitarianism?

And Bivols win was for Putin?

I will be rooting for Usyk but I hope they keep politics out of this as much as possible

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post

Out of curiousity, I'm interested to know what Usyk's and Lomachenko's views are on Ukrainian far right and Neo-Nazi groups like Aidar, Azov etc.
                      Usyk has been critical of the far right / Nationalists in the past but obviously given the current political situation he's steered clear of controversial comments recently though if you pay attention he has worded his comments quite carefully calling for peace rather than destruction of Russia. Both of them have been criticised by the more nationalistic elements in Ukraine for being insufficiently patriotic and for being seen to be willing to do business with / fight in Russia over the years.

Comment

Working...
                      X