Lara, Who Schooled Canelo Alvarez, Wants A Second Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lara, Who Schooled Canelo Alvarez, Wants A Second Fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE-idgR4jBM

I think this would be a great fight since Canelo they say is too small for 175. He can go back to 160 and let's see if he's actually improved.

"Schooling" usually entails beating someone 10-12 rounds. You really had Lara winning 10+ rounds?
    CaneloBlue likes this.

Comment

Canelo isn't going back to 160

Comment

Originally posted by El Más Loco View Post
        "Schooling" usually entails beating someone 10-12 rounds. You really had Lara winning 10+ rounds?
        I don't score rounds for fighters who can't land a single head shot. There were also 5 rounds where canelo didn't land a single jab and 4 where he only landed 1. Most rounds he was credited for landing 5-6 power punches and these were mostly grazing body shots that hit lara while he was using his footwork to get out of the ring.

But boxing is also scored on three more categories. Effective aggression, ring generalship, and defense. I don't think any canelo fan could even make a case that canelo won on any of these 3 things in any round.
        garfios likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Canelo isn't going back to 160
          But his fans all say that he is a tiny 168 pounder, doesn't rehydrate much at all. We have proof that he rehydrated to 175 when he was at 154. So if what they're saying is true, he can make 160 easy,
          garfios and eco1 like this.

Comment

I think he gave Lara like 13-14 rounds??? And Canelo -3
            RJJ-94-02=GOAT, -Kev- and 2 others like this.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

I don't score rounds for fighters who can't land a single head shot. There were also 5 rounds where canelo didn't land a single jab and 4 where he only landed 1. Most rounds he was credited for landing 5-6 power punches and these were mostly grazing body shots that hit lara while he was using his footwork to get out of the ring.

But boxing is also scored on three more categories. Effective aggression, ring generalship, and defense. I don't think any canelo fan could even make a case that canelo won on any of these 3 things in any round.
              Since when is "not landing jabs" a scoring criteria? I wasn't aware that in boxing throwing jabs is a make or break requirement.....

Canelo outlanded Lara in power punches and body punches.

Either way you slice it Canelo vs Lara was a highly competitive match. There is no such thing as a "schooling" in a competitive fight.

But I understand you are currently on your slander Canelo tour to try to campaign for Bud so carry on.......
              Last edited by El Más Loco; 05-17-2022, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Canelo beat Lara who thinks his amateur style can win him fights in the pros. Slapping gloves and arms and running around for the entire fight does not win fights in the pros. The only reason some fools say that Lara did good is because of the cheerleading the showtime commentators did, it got into certain people's heads. The Trout and Cotto fights were actually alot closer than the Lara fight.

Comment

Since when is "not landing jabs" a scoring criteria? I wasn't aware that in boxing throwing jabs is a make or break requirement.....

Canelo outlanded Lara in power punches and body punches.

Either way you slice it Canelo vs Lara was a highly competitive match. There is no such thing as a "schooling" in a competitive fight.

But I understand you are currently on your slander Canelo tour to try to campaign for Bud so carry on.......
                  can I as you a serious question-have you ever boxed or coached boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

can I as you a serious question-have you ever boxed or coached boxing?
                    Boxed, yes. Coached, no...at least not seriously.

I don't see the relevancy of that question though.....unless you are going to attempt to use some elementary "I know more about boxing than you" approach.

Comment

Working...
                    X