Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sparring Partner Of Both Kambosos and Haney Picks Winner – Kambosos Will Win, Explains Why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring Partner Of Both Kambosos and Haney Picks Winner – Kambosos Will Win, Explains Why

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

I thought this was interesting because it's always good to get the take of someone who has been in the ring with both guys. He explains that Kambosos will win, basically saying that Kambosos is better than you think and don't know it until you get in the ring with him.

Then you have to take into consideration that Kambosos has a better style for the judges. I think we get Lomachenko vs Kambosos after this.
    Last edited by Cypocryphy; 05-17-2022, 06:18 PM.

I think it's notable that Kambosos had his best career performance against his best career opponent three times in a row.

He hadn't fought ANYBODY until he beat Mickey Bey, an American former IBF lightweight champion, in the US. It was a bit of an ugly fight but he did enough to get out of there with the upset W.

Then he went to the UK and beat the British former IBF featherweight champion Lee Selby. Even though it was a split decision Kambosos pretty much controlled the whole fight.

Then he went back to the US and beat the American reigning lineal/Ring/WBA/IBF/WBO lightweight champion Teofimo Lopez, and he beat him soundly.

So given that his performances have been getting better as he goes along, it stands to reason that we'll see the best version of him yet against Haney.

I'm taking Kambosos by UD.
    Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
      I think it's notable that Kambosos had his best career performance against his best career opponent three times in a row.

He hadn't fought ANYBODY until he beat Mickey Bey, an American former IBF lightweight champion, in the US. It was a bit of an ugly fight but he did enough to get out of there with the upset W.

Then he went to the UK and beat the British former IBF featherweight champion Lee Selby. Even though it was a split decision Kambosos pretty much controlled the whole fight.

Then he went back to the US and beat the American reigning lineal/Ring/WBA/IBF/WBO lightweight champion Teofimo Lopez, and he beat him soundly.

So given that his performances have been getting better as he goes along, it stands to reason that we'll see the best version of him yet against Haney.

I completely agree with everything you said here.

Comment

I'm not going to call Kambo by KO, but I'd like to see it. I liked his pressure against Teo, acuracy and power. I hope it beats long range boxing from Haney.

We've seen a lot of boxers win over punchers lately. At least Ive noticed those bouts more. So we'll see what happens.

Comment

Gonna be hard get a decision for Haney

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

Kambosis is on such a high right now, to beat him in front of his own crowd Haney going to have to own him because Kambosis will come with more intent than he has ever shown, going to be a tough nut to crack, Haney got to fight the perfect fight.
            Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

Agreed! I think too many people are underestimating George and picking Haney since he reminds them of Money Mayweather. Get the feeling that George’s high workrate, handspeed, foot speed and awkwardness are gonna make it difficult for Haney to outbox him even if Devin is the more skilled

Comment

Working...
              X