Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know about any of you, but as an American, I would NEVER root for a foreign fighter over an American fighter.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do you, I hated and rooted against Mayweather in every single fight(didn't bet tho)

Comment

Most Americans lack pride in this country because they're angry and ignorant, to whatever degree. If you're already angry and a perpetual victim, then ANY unfavorable thing said or done is gonna be amplified with more bleating, virtue signaling, and victimhood. This much, we do know.

I root for whomever I please, especially if they perform well. It's not a "black" thing. It's not a "USA" thing. It's common sense and respect at the end of the day. These guys are actually out there FIGHTING, though it's entertainment for us.

I don't subscribe to the, "If fighter A is black then you should root for him because you're black and yo peeples went through this, that and the third. Again, no room for it. Sports is a pastime for most of us and who wants to be reminded of hot-button topics when they're simply trying to enjoy sports?

Black fans did it with Wilder in all 3 Fury fights after his "Til Dis Day!" comments about slavery...and the ignorance (e.g., black vs white) commenced. As soon as Wilder lost, the "black history" jokes and the "ancestor" jokes came flying. It's just stupid at the end of the day.

I only want to see good fights!
      Smash and SplitSecond like this.

Comment

Probably should change ur username then.
        MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

I believe you're a PBC fan alt. Problem is you made a mistake of picking a camouflage name like yours. You can't call yourself a Duran fanatic and start a silly thread like this.

Comment

For me it's style first, but I do find the nationalism in boxing quite fun.

Comment

Really? When it comes to Boxing, I'm strictly about styles/skills and entertainment level.

Alot of my favorite fighters happen to be Mexicans and Blacks so skin colors aint got sht to do with it for me.
              real raw likes this.

Comment

There are fighters who have universal appeal and support. Most of these fighters have been American fighters i.e Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, Floyd Mayweather Junior, Roy Jones Junior, Thomas Hearns, Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, maybe Oscar De La Hoya.

These type of fighters will have genuine fan bases universally around the world.

The last two fighters who where universal fighters where Floyd Mayweather Junior & Manny Pacquiao.

Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury, Canelo Alvarez, maybe Gennady Golovkin have a slight universal appeal. But nowhere on the level of the fighters, I have just mentioned to you up above.

Note: With the supposed retirement of Tyson Fury. There are only three universal fighters left, Joshua, Alvarez & Golovkin. I would say that Anthony Joshua is the most universal fighter active today.

Joshua seems to have plenty support in the middle east, as well as Britain. He could probably stage big fights in Africa if he wanted to also.

Note: Most of the universal fighters to date have been African American fighters. I would also class the Kiltschko brothers as Universal fighters etc.

I don't think there is anything wrong with some nationalism and passion for your home countries fighters. All this shows to me? Is genuine passion and rapport between fans and fighters. But there is a problem, when you support a fighter even if? The principles maybe go against your own.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 05-16-2022, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I'm American, and I definitely rooted for Maidana over Broner! Broner was a dick.

Comment

Working...
                  X