Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know about any of you, but as an American, I would NEVER root for a foreign fighter over an American fighter.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know about any of you, but as an American, I would NEVER root for a foreign fighter over an American fighter.

Not about to happen.

I may not see eye to eye with a lot of American fighters as we may come from different backgrounds, do things differently, have different political views, etc. But at the end of the day, we are still Americans and I stand behind the American 100%.

A good example would be Broner vs Maidana.

As much of a complete annoyance he was, I was still rooting for him all the way.
    Last edited by duranfanatic; 05-16-2022, 10:14 AM.

most fans support by nationality so thats not a surprise & americans seem very patriotic to me

having said that america is such a huge country there must be boxers americans just dont like at all and some might root against them if fighting a guy who they kinda like a bit better

Comment

Root for whomever you want mang
      Last edited by Mushashi; 05-16-2022, 10:28 AM.
      BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by duranfanatic View Post
        Not about to happen.

As much of an annoyance he was, I was still rooting for him.
        I don't care where they're from and neither should you. Next thing you'll say is you only root for fighters with the same skin color as you.
        El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by duranfanatic View Post
          Not about to happen.

I may not see eye to eye with a lot of American fighters as we may come from different backgrounds, do things differently, but at the end of the day, we are still Americans and I behind the American 100%.

As much of an complete annoyance he was, I was still rooting for him.
          Damn. This poster is on here every hour of the day.

You need a life, man.

Comment

There are a number of factors to consider when rooting for someone. Nationality, background, skin color (yes), style, ability, personality, etc.

Being a fan of someone means you like that person and can relate to that person perhaps in some ways. Nationality, background and color help to feel like you can identify with a fighter generally but they aren't the only factors to consider.

I'm a fan first and foremost of high activity/great stamina fighters who seem like they never get tired and could fight all day. Next I'm a fan of fighters who have what I consider to be high level skills. I also like humble fighters, but I like entertaining personalities as well.

I don't really care who wins or loses a fight, let the best man win. But in general I am a fan of certain fighters from a boxing perspective. Guys like Crawford, GGG, Fury, Bivol,, Beterbiev, Lara, and Spence (pre accident) are a group that I've always rated highly and respected as a fan of boxing.

If anyone can beat them on any given night, credit to them, because it is no easy task (except Lara who pisses away rounds all the time

And those guys don't really have a ton in common as a group.
            Smash likes this.

Comment

I don't care who they are or where they are from if I like them I root for them. I root more for the style of a fighter I like watching.

MeanestNiceGuy and Smash like this.

Comment

For the Olympics and world cup I agree. Not for boxing. Boxing is entertainment. Especially when a guy is boring why should u root for them
                El_Mero and MeanestNiceGuy like this.

Comment

Foreigners don't understand that not all American's are carrying pom-poms for the red, white, and blue. We don't buy into that hyper patriotism bull****. A lot of us straight up hate this ****hole country.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                    A lot of us straight up hate this ****hole country.
                    go to a real craphole country and see how long u last or how much u like it, if u make it out alive that is

Comment

Working...
                    X