Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zurdo Ramirez Rehydrates 30 Pounds, Fights As A Heavyweight—Is That Cheating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    If he came in 80 lbs heavier than weight in it still wouldn't be cheating
    Technically it's not cheating, but I'm saying that in the spirit of the sport, in a sport that has weight divisions to ensure that it's skill that determines a winner, it's cheating. It defeats the purpose of weight classes. I think it ruins the sport, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      If he came in 80 lbs heavier than weight in it still wouldn't be cheating
      How do you do it without cheating though? But until they’re caught…

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post

How do you do it without cheating though? But until they’re caught…
        LMAO!!! Very good point

Comment

ITS a form of cheating and should be illegal. Bring back weigh ins just hours before the fight.
          Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

I like the 10% limit. Fighting in the175 division your limit would be 192.5. I’d like a 5% limit better but you have start somewhere.
            Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

It will back fired on him on the long run, weight draining yourself to that extent is no good.

Who knows? Maybe Alvarez's performance vs Bivol? Is a result of years of weight draining himself at the lower weights.

Alvarez has always lacked with his endurance and gears. I think these are two area's, where weight draining will decrease over time.

I have been vocal on here, about boxing re-introducing the same day weigh in rule. Zurdo Ramirez will have a hard time weight draining himself by 30 pounds under a same day weigh in rule. If any fighters wants to attempt to do such a thing, they will find out the hard way that it is not a good idea etc.

Comment

some of the best guys of the generation barely rehydrated at all. manny and floyd

Comment

He made weight. If you're complaining about Zurdo gaining 30 pounds just remember that Dominic could also regain 30 pounds if he wanted too.

Comment

End of the day, there are pros and cons to boiling yourself down like that. Against Bivol he would look flat footed and slow, and against Beterbiev, one body shot would fold him in half.

Comment

He put on 30 lbs? Not saying you're lying but do you have a source. I find it hard, but amazed that someone who fought as low as 160 could still put on 30 lbs as a 175 lber.

Comment

Working...
                      X