Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News keeps getting worse for Canelo/DAZN

Didn't sell out T-mobile arena and traditional & DAZN PPV tanked

And he lost.

What are the numbers for attendance? I'm curious about that. The place looked empty to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      What are the numbers for attendance? I'm curious about that. The place looked empty to me.
      Never released them. I can find every Canelo attendance number going back years, including the pandemic, but I can't find those from this past weekend.

Comment

You would imagine most people bought the PPV through DAZN. That's what I did since it was cheaper if you were already a subscriber, which I am.
        -MEGA-, _Maxi and RazorDog like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Never released them. I can find every Canelo attendance number going back years, including the pandemic, but I can't find those from this past weekend.
          I don't think they ever will. I wouldn't be surprised if less than 2k attended.
          Almost everyone was herded to the very front seats to make the place look full.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            You would imagine most people bought the PPV through DAZN. That's what I did since it was cheaper if you were already a subscriber, which I am.
            If the numbers were good they would release them like they did the Taylor vs Serrano numbers. This didn't crack 350,000 buys total.
            Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

I don't think they ever will. I wouldn't be surprised if less than 2k attended.
              Almost everyone was herded to the very front seats to make the place look full.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                Yup same here. The #1 168lbr vs the #1-2 175lber that delivered for $60. Whichever platform won the bidding war was going to lose money period. At a $100/yr DAZN still provided the best content at the cheapest price imo maybe except for Top Rank. They have ESPN floating them so that's understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Yup same here. The #1 168lbr vs the #1-2 175lber that delivered for $60. Whichever platform won the bidding war was going to lose money period. At a $100/yr DAZN still provided the best content at the cheapest price imo maybe except for Top Rank. They have ESPN floating them so that's understandable.
                  You're not losing money on Canelo vs Benavidez or Charlo. The opponent & platform matters. Plant, who is less known than Charlo & Benavidez, did 800,000 vs Canelo

Comment

Canelo going to kill DAZN for good this time

Comment

Working...
                    X