Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News keeps getting worse for Canelo/DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News keeps getting worse for Canelo/DAZN

    Didn't sell out T-mobile arena and traditional & DAZN PPV tanked





    And he lost.

  • #2
    What are the numbers for attendance? I'm curious about that. The place looked empty to me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      What are the numbers for attendance? I'm curious about that. The place looked empty to me.
      Never released them. I can find every Canelo attendance number going back years, including the pandemic, but I can't find those from this past weekend.

      Comment


      • #4
        You would imagine most people bought the PPV through DAZN. That's what I did since it was cheaper if you were already a subscriber, which I am.
        -MEGA-, _Maxi and RazorDog like this.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

          Never released them. I can find every Canelo attendance number going back years, including the pandemic, but I can't find those from this past weekend.
          I don't think they ever will. I wouldn't be surprised if less than 2k attended.
          Almost everyone was herded to the very front seats to make the place look full.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            You would imagine most people bought the PPV through DAZN. That's what I did since it was cheaper if you were already a subscriber, which I am.
            If the numbers were good they would release them like they did the Taylor vs Serrano numbers. This didn't crack 350,000 buys total.
            Clive Davenport likes this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

              I don't think they ever will. I wouldn't be surprised if less than 2k attended.
              Almost everyone was herded to the very front seats to make the place look full.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                You would imagine most people bought the PPV through DAZN. That's what I did since it was cheaper if you were already a subscriber, which I am.
                Yup same here. The #1 168lbr vs the #1-2 175lber that delivered for $60. Whichever platform won the bidding war was going to lose money period. At a $100/yr DAZN still provided the best content at the cheapest price imo maybe except for Top Rank. They have ESPN floating them so that's understandable.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

                  Yup same here. The #1 168lbr vs the #1-2 175lber that delivered for $60. Whichever platform won the bidding war was going to lose money period. At a $100/yr DAZN still provided the best content at the cheapest price imo maybe except for Top Rank. They have ESPN floating them so that's understandable.
                  You're not losing money on Canelo vs Benavidez or Charlo. The opponent & platform matters. Plant, who is less known than Charlo & Benavidez, did 800,000 vs Canelo

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Canelo going to kill DAZN for good this time

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP