Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather On Davis' Contract, Future: 'Nothing Lasts Forever; I'll Always Love Tank'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather On Davis' Contract, Future: 'Nothing Lasts Forever; I'll Always Love Tank'

Floyd Mayweather Jr. knows all too well about starring in a high-profile split from a promoter. In 2006, Mayweather bought himself out of his Top Rank contract for $750,000, and the rest, as they say, is history, as Mayweather went on to stage some of the most lucrative boxing events in history against the likes of Oscar De La Hoya, Canelo Alvarez, Manny Pacquiao, and Conor McGregor, among others.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Classy response from Floyd in fairness. Feels like that’s the real Floyd talking rather than the Money May character he usually portrays.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Classy response from Floyd in fairness. Feels like that’s the real Floyd talking rather than the Money May character he usually portrays.
      RJJ, I feel like Floyd is being a genuine as possible, which isn’t much. If he barks back at Tank then others would be swayed away from signing with Mayweather Promotions.

Comment

BS! They're just promoting his RR fight.
        They just can't afford another PPV flop.
        Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post

RJJ, I feel like Floyd is being a genuine as possible, which isn’t much. If he barks back at Tank then others would be swayed away from signing with Mayweather Promotions.
          Good point, he’s had to put his promoters hat on here, he’s probably hoping he can still convince Tank to re-sign too.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Good point, he’s had to put his promoters hat on here, he’s probably hoping he can still convince Tank to re-sign too.
            I didn’t think about the resign point of view! Though Tank made it clear that Floyd was out, but not Showtime or Haymon. TBD I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Imam
              Sounds like he’s ready to cut all ties. Tank has been nothing but a headache for him. Mad because he was about to make Loma fight now mad because he has to fight the WBA ordered Romero. I remember everyone was saying Floyd didn’t want Tank to break his record when he tried to make the Loma fight. Mayweather can do no good in some people eyes.

Amir, where is your source my friend. Who is Loma fighting May 12?

Comment

I think Mayweather is on his way out of Boxing and will just let Haymon take over his fighters careers, I don't think he cares nor does he have the time for it! Leonard Ellerbe is the one that handles day to day operations and he doesn't seem to do a good job at all

I want Tank to do his own GTD Promotions with Calvin Ford and Barry Hunter! Probably stays PBC and with Showtime but it just won't be any Ellerbe of Mayweather anymore trying to speak for him and matchmaking for him

Mayweather can't be mad because it is his "Green Print"
                Last edited by sicko; 03-27-2022, 02:36 PM.
                TX_BOXNG TX_BOXNG likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                  Amir, where is your source my friend. Who is Loma fighting May 12?
                  These are old bro. Two years ago Mayweather and Tank had beef after Floyd contacted Top Rank to fight Loma. The fight was close to being made.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    I think Mayweather is on his way out of Boxing and will just let Haymon take over his fighters careers, I don't think he cares nor does he have the time for it! Leonard Ellerbe is the one that handles day to day operations and he doesn't seem to do a good job at all

I want Tank to do his own GTD Promotions with Calvin Ford and Barry Hunter! Probably stays PBC and with Showtime but it just won't be any Ellerbe of Mayweather anymore trying to speak for him and matchmaking for him

Mayweather can't be mad because it is his "Green Print"
                    Exactly he probably will still be PBC but without the TMT promotions steering his career and a contract in between, he might co-promote with other PBC affiliates like TGB promotions, like lots of PBC fighters are doing

Comment

Working...
                    X