Should Canelo call off the Bivol fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GhostofDempsey
    replied
    We don’t cancel NBA games because of China’s investment in the league, and they are responsible for countless human rights violations.
    Rec28 Rec28 BaguMka BaguMka jaded jaded Shadoww702 Shadoww702 ralex ralex and 1 others like this.

Leave a comment:

• Silence
    replied
    Is it Bivol's fault? What a silly thread.
    Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Leave a comment:

• James Hunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Szef View Post
    I want to see the fight as much as the next guy, but given the current situation its worth considering it.

FIFA kicked Russia out of the world cup, UEFA did the same to Russian clubs. Most sports organizations are doing the same.

I don't have anything against Bivol, but playing Russian anathem and waving their flag would legitimize Russia as a country and make it seem like nothing happened

Not to mention, the fight is on DAZN which is owned by one of Putin's Russian oligarchs buddies

Obviously it will probably not happen because there's too much money on the table for Canelo from that deal with DAZN but it would be nice if he did it
    Or if you just stop hyperventilating?
    Unbelievable what media can do to people...

Leave a comment:

• eco1
    replied
    I want to see the fight as much as the next guy, but given the current situation its worth considering it.

FIFA kicked Russia out of the world cup, UEFA did the same to Russian clubs. Most sports organizations are doing the same.

I don't have anything against Bivol, but playing Russian anathem and waving their flag would legitimize Russia as a country and make it seem like nothing happened

Not to mention, the fight is on DAZN which is owned by one of Putin's Russian oligarchs buddies

Obviously it will probably not happen because there's too much money on the table for Canelo from that deal with DAZN but it would be nice if he did it
    No, why should he?

So you think they should have banned the USA for all the sh it we have done in the last 3/4+ of the Century?

Leave a comment:

• dukesville
    replied
    It would be "nice" if canelo canceled the bivol fight huh? In what way would it be "nice"?
    Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Leave a comment:

• Loque-san
    replied
    No he shouldn't, and none of the reasons you gave as to why he should make any sense either.

Any sports organization that is preventing or plan to prevent russian teams or athletes from competing are way off, and not actually doing it because it's the right thing to do - it is not and people who think it is are completely out of touch - but because they are being pressured to do it. Boxing being a niche sport, I doubt Canelo is gonna be pressured to do it. Politics should be kept out of the sport anyway, period.
    Also I wasn't aware Russia wasn't a country anymore. I could have sworn it was a country six days ago.

Turn off your tv, stop blindly swallowing that western propaganda and turn on your brain buddy.

Leave a comment:

• tritium_arma
    replied
    Should he cancel the Golovkin fight too since Golovkin is ethnically Russian?
    Last I heard he's trying to get the fight done in the middle east so I don't think he cares too much about political situations.

Leave a comment:

• icha
    replied

everyone in russia will be watching, maybe a good oportunity for bivol to send the right message...

Leave a comment:

• Shadoww702
    replied
    That would be stupid. Don't blame innocents for their leaders being ass holes

Leave a comment:

• Murcielago
    replied
    Cancel it? I just read they're trying to make it in Abu Dhabi

Leave a comment:

Working...
X