Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow! Coppinger reveals Canelo and Bivol had agreed to terms for a 172lb Caneloweight title fight for Sept last year! But Nelo backed out and fought the weakest champ at 168 in Plant instead.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Coppinger reveals Canelo and Bivol had agreed to terms for a 172lb Caneloweight title fight for Sept last year! But Nelo backed out and fought the weakest champ at 168 in Plant instead.

Sources: Canelo Alvarez and Dmitry Bivol agreed to a 172-pound catchweight for a 175-title fight that would have taken place on Sept. 18. With Canelo moving on to November, it’s unclear when - and against whom - Alvarez will fight.

https://twitter.com/MikeCoppinger/st...tXqgkdibXZeOUQ

Wow

WOAH

YOUR THREADS SUCK!!!
    111shyguy76, M312 and 3 others like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing fan1981 View Post
      Wow

WOAH

YOUR THREADS SUCK!!!
      What sucks about this thread exactly?

Comment

How was Plant the weakest champ at 168?

Maybe it's just me because I hate catchweights for titles but I think Canelo made the right choice between the 2.

Comment

Canelo unified his division, whats the issue?
          111shyguy76 likes this.

Comment

So another way of saying it is Canelo backed out of an interesting, exciting catch weight fight to make an undisputed fight against an unbeaten champion. Good on him.

This thread sucks balls. Is the thread starter American by any chance?
            111shyguy76 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

What sucks about this thread exactly?
              Canelo went for undisputed….obviously the better option.

This is old news. Who likes talking about old news that almost happened, but didn’t? You seriously would waste your time with shiiiit like that?

WOAH guys in 2014 Canelo almost signed to fight X fighter but it didn’t happen! Woah

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing fan1981 View Post

Canelo went for undisputed….obviously the better option.

This is old news. Who likes talking about old news that almost happened, but didn’t? You seriously would waste your time with shiiiit like that?

WOAH guys in 2014 Canelo almost signed to fight X fighter but it didn’t happen! Woah
                I hadn't heard this story. I'm sure many people haven't.

Canelo trying to drain someone, yet again, is sad. Don't defend that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                  How was Plant the weakest champ at 168?

Maybe it's just me because I hate catchweights for titles but I think Canelo made the right choice between the 2.
                  But he was the one who put that catchweight in place?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

But he was the one who put that catchweight in place?
                    Actually Canelo didn't ask for a catchweight. Bivol is actually the one that said he would come down to get a fight with Canelo. Just like when Canelo said he would fight at a catchweight for the Floyd fight. Floyd put Canelo at a cachweight, so make sure you keep that same energy.

Comment

Working...
                    X