Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Julian Jacksons power because of no testing?(would he be as devastating a puncher today?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got another question? Why hasn't another fighter tried to learn JJs secrets? like who was his trainer,etc.?

I mean you got countless fighters these days trying to reinvent themselves,like Fury,AJ,Ggg etc..who resort to all kinds of things like seeking out legendary trainers & techniques,but seemingly nobody has bothered to go to the master puncher to pick his brain?

that doesn't make sense to me

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

What amazes me is hes from the Virgin Isles(I don't think they've ever had any other top fighters? They're a 32 mile island)
      After looking into it best I can:

Makes me wonder if theres some special exercise techniques they were teaching him that made him so powerful early in life.

its often said punchers are born not made,but I don't agree with that,I think its i combo of both,like Pauli would never be powerful,but if he devoted to power early on instead of boxing skills,he mightve been a much harder hitter & if his style was focused more on Kos from Young age he mightve developed differently.

, guys like Jackson would never be so powerful without great excercise technique,but I think it has to do with the diet he ate from young age too & the unique environment he trained in combined with genetics,& I think his style is also responsible though

,he was the definition of a glass cannon,I think certain fighters hit harder because they fight with reckless abandon.
      Emile Griffith?????

Comment

What the does testing and PED have to do with punching power? Jackson’s power is a freak of nature and it’s not something that can be taught or achieved through drugs lol.

Comment

Speed is a big factor and like punching power you are born with it. Of course technique will improve it but to have a record like Jacksons you need both speed and power. The punch you dont see is the 1 that puts you out and chances are unless you are a master counter puncher like Marquez, you need handspeed to turn lights out.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            What the does testing and PED have to do with punching power? Jackson’s power is a freak of nature and it’s not something that can be taught or achieved through drugs lol.
            I'm not saying he got power from peds,but its its common sense that most fighters who do peds use it to gain speed & power(its like saying Barry Bonds didn't have so many home runs from peds but from technique)

Give me any fighter & give him roids,& I'm sure it'll increase his strength so long as hes not forced to stop taking them(but as Smash said above,JJ definitely was special because the playing field was level regardless & nobody else had his power)

Comment

I don't believe anyone has "natural punching power"

Some folks naturally throw punches more correctly than others. That doesn't mean correct, just more correctly.

I've seen folks with natural hooks, already just bending the elbow at the 90, but they needed more hip and foot.

I've seen natty straight hands that were really good but needed snap, or maybe a better term is actually retreat, pulling their hand back.

Y'all done get the point, a natural just does a perfect punch, never seen that, do not believe it.

That said, power punching is a physics question not a build question. If the physics are there dude can hit. There's no way to have a perfect powerline, and so form, with full weight in motion and it not do damage when it lands. Smaller men have smaller fists, means they don't need as much weight to do equal damage. It's physics, not build.

HWs are like sledgehammers

LWs are like Ballpeen hammers.

Both will **** good, hard, steel right up. One need more weight, the other relies on surface area and speed, both do damage.

When watching boxings, and Fury is great one for this, posture tells their story quite well. Leaning in knowing you're going to retreat from attacks and leaning in knowing you're going to go right at them when they attack makes for two different forms of lean and the feet and upper body juxta to the attacker gives away the intent of the posture.

I can't go through every single posture and be like if X then boxer by if Y then puncher. I mean, I might can actually but I don't think anyone will read it all.

But I will tell youse kinematic chains = power.

Kinematic, go learn it. Not kinetic, that's *******s who don't know what they're talking about pretending they do. Kinematic chains from foot to fist. Boxers use them differently than punchers because boxers are trying to not get hit whereas punchers are trying to hit harder. If it looks there could have been more chain, then there could have been, and if you don't believe there could be watch Rocky, the most chained mug to ever throw leather. If it looks like there could be say more shoulder, but the boxer did hit and got away without being hit back, good punch, maybe it KO's the guy even, but, it could have hit even harder with that added chain. If you can't find a chain to add, bubba, you're looking at a killer.

complete and direct chains that cause bones to hit end to end to allow kinetic energy to transfer from one link to the next until the chain is complete = power.

So yeah, like Koba and Denium said, PEDs can't make you hit hard. PEDs make you in shape. You either hit and train to hit hard, or, you hit and train to hit and get away. No one does both and saying but X KO'd Y doe does not change power output. No one hits and gets away at optimum power output, getting the KO and doing damage is different than power.

PEDs=Power for a power puncher
              PEDs=Speed for a fast puncher
              PEDs=Endurance for a endurant fighter

PEDs=fat lazy **** if you do nothing but swallow pills and sit on ass still.

Yes, that's how you use that term, energy=kinetic, chain=kinematic. Again, seems foreign because you're used to reading or hearing kinetic from who? Other fans? Article jockeys? Youtubers? Boxing coaches? Exactly, bunch of dicks who don't actually know 3rd grade physics trying to use 8th grade terms. If you search kinematic you'll find the physics you're looking for. If you search kinetic you may, eventually, once your search has brought you to kinematic organically.

Finally, this is the result of decades of "It's called boxing, it's about hitting and not being hit". How much study have you ever found on punching? How much write-off. This forum alone, how many threads and posts do you think simply write Rock off as old, crude, and not very useful for a film study? How many who are not me have ever even attempted to explain any of his techniques? Alright, that's why y'all think PEDs=Power. Even if you don't respect it, it is half of the sport, understanding it will give you better understanding of the techs you do respect.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

What amazes me is hes from the Virgin Isles(I don't think they've ever had any other top fighters? They're a 32 mile island)
                After looking into it best I can:

Makes me wonder if theres some special exercise techniques they were teaching him that made him so powerful early in life.

its often said punchers are born not made,but I don't agree with that,I think its i combo of both,like Pauli would never be powerful,but if he devoted to power early on instead of boxing skills,he mightve been a much harder hitter & if his style was focused more on Kos from Young age he mightve developed differently.

, guys like Jackson would never be so powerful without great excercise technique,but I think it has to do with the diet he ate from young age too & the unique environment he trained in combined with genetics,& I think his style is also responsible though

,he was the definition of a glass cannon,I think certain fighters hit harder because they fight with reckless abandon.
                The term punchers are born, or sprinters are born 'Does not mean, people just have to exist and they hit hard or run fast'.

But certain people will have innate abilities, and they will be apparent very early in life. If those people train and dedicate themselves to a craft, then they will have a high likely-hood of achieving in that field.

Mike Tyson had innate abilities, and those abilities were harnessed through training.

kushking likes this.

Comment

Julian Jackson didn't exhibit any signs of PED/steroid use, and anyway if that's all it took there would be a lot more KO artists around today. It's rare but some guys just have that punch.
                  joseph5620 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                    Punching power comes principally from technique not raw strength. Less someone invents a PED that improves technique the benefits ain't gonna be transformational.
                    It can increase with PED use. That's unquestioned. Hypothetically, let's say someone has perfect technique, that it cannot get any better, which means he has reached his ceiling. Add some PEDs, maybe hGH into the equation, and you will most definitely have an increase in power and concussive ability. Not only will you just be stronger and faster, you will also have an increase in bone mass and density, especially in the hands, feet and head. Larger bones in the hand will undoubtedly, by itself, lead to more concussive power simply by the laws of physics. Then you add an increase of strength and speed to an increased mass, and that person now has benefited significantly from drug use, notwithstanding his perfect technique.

Comment

Jackson said first time he punched a heavy bag everybody knew he was powerful

Comment

Working...
                      X