Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev Trainer Says Smith Talks Ongoing, Responds to Claims of Ducking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Square circle
    replied
    Unless Joe Jr. is badly cut or sustains a freak injury, nobody in the Lt. Hwy division stops him easily or at all.

Leave a comment:

• Hustle
    replied
    Originally posted by FlatLine View Post

Good fight but Yarde is mandatory and Joe Smith just fought a voluntary, Geffard, who only had 8 days notice.

It's time for Joe to fight his mandatory Yarde. Then why not a unification between the winners after that?

I prefer unification over mandatory at 175. Its been 3 champions for 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• BaguMka
    replied
    Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Yes he did
    Do your homework
    It was just around the time of The Nail
    Before he faced him and right after
    My homework is done dude Bivol never refused any fights with top fighters !

Leave a comment:

• ShoulderRoll
    replied
    Originally posted by lopetego View Post
    Three words for Beterbiev:

STOP.
    DUCKING.
    BIVOL.
    Arum said Bivol is boring. That makes it ok for Beterbiev to never have to fight him now.

Leave a comment:

• lopetego
    replied
    Three words for Beterbiev:

STOP.
    DUCKING.
    BIVOL.

Leave a comment:

• Tag, You're Hit
    replied
    Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

Ahhh he looked better against Alvarez but Alvarez is old and been done since his win over kovalev. He looked mediocre against hart Vlasov and geffard. Smith has the power to put beterbiev down but can he land it and will beterbiev stay down. Bivol really is the class of the division they all call him boring because they can’t beat him
    He definitely has more wrinkles to his game since the Bivol fight. The Geffrard fight is a good microcosm of what he's become. With the high guard and very long arms that covers his torso, Geffrard was hard to get to. Smith used various techniques as the rounds progressed (punch selection, faints, back foot, front foot, head movement, etc). He found his way in and beat him down. This dude was a late replacement with skills. He wasn't trained for. Plus, Joe was rusty after a long layoff, which he had to shake off. And getting the rounds was good for him.

I don't know that he's improved enough yet to beat Bivol in a rematch, but the fight being discussed is vs Beterbiev. I don't know that The Beast from the East wins this one, either, but it should be a very good, competitive fight. Somebody is getting knocked out, almost guaranteed.

Leave a comment:

• rully
    replied
    LHW is an interesting division for unification. I wish there's tournament like WBSS to facilitate it - great treat for boxing fans without too much of promoters drama.
    Beterbiev is going to beat Smith Jr quite easy. If two power punchers collide then one with stronger technical ability will win, just like when GGG beat Lemieux.
    People might see Beterbiev as a banger but his amateur background is solid - he once knocked the bigger, and more technical Usyk down in an amateur fight with a body shot.

Beterbiev vs. Bivol would be a tough call. If Bivol can do what Browne did in first 2 rounds throughout the fight, he could win a UD. The thing is, Beterbiev has more variantion of punches from different angles and they're all powerful. But if there's one person that I give a chance to frustrate Beterbiev then definitely it's Bivol

Leave a comment:

• MulaKO
    replied
    Originally posted by BaguMka View Post

Let's keep it real Bivol never turned down fight with Beterbiev. I follow all his interviews and he actually would love to fight Beterbiev and any other dangerous fighters. It is promoter issues unfortunately
    Yes he did
    Do your homework
    It was just around the time of The Nail
    Before he faced him and right after

Leave a comment:

• BaguMka
    replied
    Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Beterbiev or his team never said Bivol is boring ( maybe the Bobfather might of said something as stupid as that but wtv )

Bivol has twice turned down a fight with Beterbiev
    Let's keep it real Bivol never turned down fight with Beterbiev. I follow all his interviews and he actually would love to fight Beterbiev and any other dangerous fighters. It is promoter issues unfortunately

Leave a comment:

• El_Cholo
    replied
    Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Anthony Yarde is Joe Smith Jr mandatory. That's the fight the boxing world wants to see next.

Beterbiev should have a stay busy fight with Callum Smith, he moved up to 175. A shared opponent with Canelo. Then he can call out Canelo after the fight.
    Yarde hasn't been mandated yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X