Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua or Amir Khan who was the better British fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Joshua or Amir Khan who was the better British fighter?

Oh no, Anthony Joshua, he down BAD right now.

I saw some guys on another forum all saying that Amir Khan had better achievements than AJ and would go down as a better fighter in the British all time rankings.

At first I thought they were just AJ/Matchroom haters circle jerking as usual but the more I thought about it, they MAY actually have a point.

Khan - IBF/WBA light welterweight champ

Best wins

Maidana
    Koltelnik
    Alexander
    Collazo
    Judah

Joshua - WBO/WBA/IBF heavyweight champ

Best wins

Klitschko
    Ruiz
    Parker
    Povetkin
    Pulev

It's actually pretty close, do you rate a shot klit over a prime Maidana? Is Joe Parker better P4P than Devon Alexander?
    ​​​​​
    Considering how high Joshua was rated a couple of years ago its shocking we can now discuss this, but getting battered by a little fatty and schooled and looking terrified vs a midget cruiser has dropped his stock tremendously, and he now be ranked below Amir Khan.
    Khan is better
    40.00%
    Joshua is better
    50.00%
    Glass jawed bums
    10.00%

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
    Oh no, Anthony Joshua, he down BAD right now.

I saw some guys on another forum all saying that Amir Khan had better achievements than AJ and would go down as a better fighter in the British all time rankings.

At first I thought they were just AJ/Matchroom haters circle jerking as usual but the more I thought about it, they MAY actually have a point.

Khan - IBF/WBA light welterweight champ

Best wins

Maidana
    Koltelnik
    Alexander
    Collazo
    Judah

Joshua - WBO/WBA/IBF heavyweight champ

Best wins

Klitschko
    Ruiz
    Parker
    Povetkin
    Pulev

It's actually pretty close, do you rate a shot klit over a prime Maidana? Is Joe Parker better P4P than Devon Alexander?
    ​​​​​
    Considering how high Joshua was rated a couple of years ago its shocking we can now discuss this, but getting battered by a little fatty and schooled and looking terrified vs a midget cruiser has dropped his stock tremendously, and he now be ranked below Amir Khan.
    Con's list is padded AF

Maidana and Alex are the only ones worth mentioning.

Comment

HW division is garbage, Joshua's best is going life and death against old Klitch, that Fury had already beaten. Ruiz lost the rematch before entering the ring. Parker is a 4rnd fighter and soft. Povetkin and Pulev are old. Khan definitely has the better resume before his glass chin was totally exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
        HW division is garbage, Joshua's best is going life and death against old Klitch, that Fury had already beaten. Ruiz lost the rematch before entering the ring. Parker is a 4rnd fighter and soft. Povetkin and Pulev are old. Khan definitely has the better resume before his glass chin was totally exposed.
        I think Khan's run between Prescott and Peterson is a bit underrated.

Kotelnik was a very decent technical fighter, Maidana was a beast and Khan was not supposed to win that fight, judah had a good win over a solid belt holder in the fight previous and was seen as somewhat live.

I also still think Khan beat lamont Petersen and got stiffed.

That run holds up against Joshuas cv imo, Khan just has more losses.

Comment

Joshua mainly cause he fvkced khan wife. Probably still is.

Comment

Did Con ever maintain his so called greatness ?

Comment

Khan's top of the list at this point. AJ could catch up depending on how his career pans out. So could Fury.

Did you know.. AJ wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Amir Khan?

Here's why: When Khan won Silver medal at Olympics 2004 he set off a chain reaction so UK continued financial support for Olympic boxing. They were close to stopping boxing funding completely before that. Khan had to actually fund himself for most of the Olympics. But then Khan won the silver and that medal changed everything. They went back to funding boxing because of Khan capturing a medal in that sport. He filled the medal allocation which controls what sports get what funding for Olympics. He was the only UK boxer to rep the country in 2004 and to win a medal. If he didn't go, or he didn't win a medal, then UK Olympic boxing may ended back then.

This meant that James Degale and later on Anthony Joshua were able to receive funding to cover all their expenses for later Olympics and to go on and become successful pros.

Khan is essentially AJ's non-biological father in the boxing sense. Or something like that.
              Last edited by FlatLine; 01-21-2022, 01:56 AM.
              CasperUK likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                Khan's top of the list at this point. AJ could catch up depending on how his career pans out. So could Fury.

Did you know.. AJ wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Amir Khan?

Here's why: When Khan won Silver medal at Olympics 2004 he set off a chain reaction so UK continued financial support for Olympic boxing. They were close to stopping boxing funding completely before that. Khan had to actually fund himself for most of the Olympics. But then Khan won the silver and that medal changed everything. They went back to funding boxing because of Khan capturing a medal in that sport. He filled the medal allocation which controls what sports get what funding for Olympics. He was the only UK boxer to rep the country in 2004 and to win a medal. If he didn't go, or he didn't win a medal, then UK Olympic boxing may ended back then.

This meant that James Degale and later on Anthony Joshua were able to receive funding to cover all their expenses for later Olympics and to go on and become successful pros.

Khan is essentially AJ's non-biological father in the boxing sense. Or something like that.
                Not only that, but Khan's early day popularity and him being on regular free-to-air TV helped the careers of Joe Calzaghe, Froch and others too when ITV decided to show boxing after the BBC pulled the plug in circa 2003/2004 (when David Haye was starting off).

Khan's Olympic success and early day popularity was a springboard for British boxing and many boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

I think Khan's run between Prescott and Peterson is a bit underrated.

Kotelnik was a very decent technical fighter, Maidana was a beast and Khan was not supposed to win that fight, judah had a good win over a solid belt holder in the fight previous and was seen as somewhat live.

I also still think Khan beat lamont Petersen and got stiffed.

That run holds up against Joshuas cv imo, Khan just has more losses.
                  So far......

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post

So far......
                    Valid, Joshua could definatley rack up more, by the ko variety too.

Comment

Working...
                    X