Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edgar Berlanga vs. Steve Rolls Officially Announced For March 19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boricua181
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing fan1981 View Post

I respect Juanma, I was confused at the Juan Manual Marquez comparison, but dude said it was a typo. No biggie.
    I was referring to the dude that made what appeared to be a disparaging comment about both Juan Manuel Lopez, and Edgar Berlanga.
    Lopez established himself in boxing, now Edgar Berlanga is attempting to do the same, and in my opinion going about it in a professional manner.
    I saw that he corrected himself about the name of the fighter he was referring to after you checked him, but he didn't change his statement.
    My question is how many times has he ever fought in a ring, or how many championships has he ever won in boxing or in any other sport?
    It's easy to criticize those who dare to compete to be the best at anything in front of the public, while they are safely watching from a seat.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing fan1981
    replied
    Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

Even if he was just a bigger Juan Manuel Lopez, is that supposed to be a put down, or a mark of an under achiever?
    JML, was a boxing champion in 2 weight divisions with some really good wins against other world champions 36-6-1 (32 KO's),
    with 6 defenses of his 122 pound title, and 2 defenses of his 130 pound title.
    Thats a boxing record to be respected by any true fan of this brutal, and unforgiving sport, which has claimed many participant's
    throughout it's history.
    Nobody knows how good, bad, or great Edgar Berlanga's career as a fighter will turn out to be only time will tell what that outcome will be.
    What I do know is that he's been tested in his last 2 fights, going the distance in both gaining the rounds, and experience he's need to
    continue his progression in the sport.
    Both of the fighters that went the distance with him came out the worst for ware, and he demonstrated the will, heart, character, stamina,
    and chin were all wondering whether he possessed.
    His next opponent Steve Rolls should also be a bit of test, having only lost one fight, and that to no other than GGG in his 22 bout career.
    Actually I believe that Edgar will be able the second fighter to stop Steve out when they battle it out in Madison Square, Garden.
    Edgar does have some flaws being muscle bound (stiff), ponderous (slow footed), he needs to work on his flexibility.
    We will see if the last coupler of fights in which he was forced to go the distance, has made him realize that he has to become more of a boxer,
    David Morrell jr, is much more complete fighter with only 6 fights, as compared with Edgar Berlanga who has 18, but that doesn't only apply to
    Berlanga that applies to almost any fighter out there.
    David Morrell Jr, is a truly exceptional, taking on much more seasoned fighters, and whipping them in dynamic fashion.
    I respect Juanma, I was confused at the Juan Manual Marquez comparison, but dude said it was a typo. No biggie.

Leave a comment:

• Boricua181
    replied

Lol how is he a bigger jmm??
    Even if he was just a bigger Juan Manuel Lopez, is that supposed to be a put down, or a mark of an under achiever?
    JML, was a boxing champion in 2 weight divisions with some really good wins against other world champions 36-6-1 (32 KO's),
    with 6 defenses of his 122 pound title, and 2 defenses of his 130 pound title.
    Thats a boxing record to be respected by any true fan of this brutal, and unforgiving sport, which has claimed many participant's
    throughout it's history.
    Nobody knows how good, bad, or great Edgar Berlanga's career as a fighter will turn out to be only time will tell what that outcome will be.
    What I do know is that he's been tested in his last 2 fights, going the distance in both gaining the rounds, and experience he's need to
    continue his progression in the sport.
    Both of the fighters that went the distance with him came out the worst for ware, and he demonstrated the will, heart, character, stamina,
    and chin were all wondering whether he possessed.
    His next opponent Steve Rolls should also be a bit of test, having only lost one fight, and that to no other than GGG in his 22 bout career.
    Actually I believe that Edgar will be able the second fighter to stop Steve out when they battle it out in Madison Square, Garden.
    Edgar does have some flaws being muscle bound (stiff), ponderous (slow footed), he needs to work on his flexibility.
    We will see if the last coupler of fights in which he was forced to go the distance, has made him realize that he has to become more of a boxer,
    David Morrell jr, is much more complete fighter with only 6 fights, as compared with Edgar Berlanga who has 18, but that doesn't only apply to
    Berlanga that applies to almost any fighter out there.
    David Morrell Jr, is a truly exceptional, taking on much more seasoned fighters, and whipping them in dynamic fashion.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing fan1981
    replied
    Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

Juan Manuel Lopez is who I meant, simply a typo.
    Gotcha gotcha

Leave a comment:

• jonnyc420
    replied

Juan Manuel Lopez is who I meant, simply a typo.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing fan1981
    replied
    Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
    Berlanga is a hype job just waiting to be exposed. We've seen it damn near happen his last fight out. Rolls is chinny and they are hoping to get Berlanga a KO to reignite the buzz, but this may backfire. Either way he is just a bigger JMM except he may never become an actual champion.

Leave a comment:

• BendOver
    replied
    Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

The thing is that when these fighters come into big money they lose that focus, and discipline thats true for most of them no matter where they're from.
    They want to have the finer things in life, clothes, jewelery, women, cars, mansions, all these new fake friends who poison their mind.
    Many fighters lose their way because the formula that got them their success is being tampered with, by so many new people who don't have their best interest in mind.
    By the time they realize just how much their careers have been affected in a negative manner it's way to late to recapture their earlier success.
    I hope that this boxer is the exception to the rule, because I love the fact that he has taken on the most serious fights from the very start of his career.
    Nobody other boxer has done that, and for that significant reason he's earned the respect, glory, and adulation of all the serious fans in boxing.
    You're right, indiscipline and lost of focus it's not a Cuban patrimony, but it's accentuated by the fact that, they're not too many, so if one or two get lost, is like everyone is the same. Case in point, Rigondeaux is a defensive g(to the extreme)fighter. And what do they say about all Cuban boxers? Boring! Which is not true. Granted, fans that say that, are not very knowledgeable, still that has became the consensus, if is Cuban have to be boring. Be safe.

Leave a comment:

• Boricua181
    replied
    Originally posted by BendOver View Post
    You mentioned two magic words. Focus and discipline. Most of the Cuban fighters, go on into live the high life. After getting paid, they have never experienced any freedom, and with their family so far away, they have no support. This kid has the talent, and so far the hunger and support, just like Yoelvis Gomez and Ariel Perez. The kid is a threat to anyone around 168lbs, and he's only 23 years old. Be safe.
    The thing is that when these fighters come into big money they lose that focus, and discipline thats true for most of them no matter where they're from.
    They want to have the finer things in life, clothes, jewelery, women, cars, mansions, all these new fake friends who poison their mind.
    Many fighters lose their way because the formula that got them their success is being tampered with, by so many new people who don't have their best interest in mind.
    By the time they realize just how much their careers have been affected in a negative manner it's way to late to recapture their earlier success.
    I hope that this boxer is the exception to the rule, because I love the fact that he has taken on the most serious fights from the very start of his career.
    Nobody other boxer has done that, and for that significant reason he's earned the respect, glory, and adulation of all the serious fans in boxing.

Leave a comment:

• Obtuse
    replied
    No win situation for Berlanga

Leave a comment:

• fourtheboys96
    replied
    Rolls is a 160lber.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X