Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman-Barrios: PBC, FOX Sports Pay-Per-View Show Will Cost $74.95

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a Floyd Mayweather PPV price, for a B-level main event.

If they had charged $39.99 for this I would have ordered. But now I won't be buying.

Comment

Mario Barrios is one of the biggest draws in boxing. Headlining back to back PPV fights. All roads lead to Mario Barrios. 27 have tried, 26 have failed.

Comment

Although this is a decent card from top to bottom, I don't think it's worth paying 74.95.
        They are starting that PPV crap all over again, I'm not paying for none of it.
        I spent so much money on PPV buys back in the day, I don't think I'll ever do that again.

Comment

75 bucks!? grab your ankles!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh View Post
            Can someone explain why Fox is not showing this? Is it because they are giving PBC less shows then normal? Also, I heard FOX wants more boxing to be on PPV but why would they care? Plus a fight like this would lose money on PPV anyway most likely so better to be on free tv
            Apparently Fox does not want to pay millions for content that is guaranteed to lose them the ratings war 100% of the time in the most premium media slot in the world: North America broadcast TV Friday and Saturday evening. PBC has gained zero traction over the last few years. Reruns of The Simpsons and Sienfield do better ratings.

Comment

$74.95..........hahaha, shocking!

Comment

Why tf is Run time headlining in 2022? Why tf is he on ppv,& why tf is anyone interested in watching this washed up bum,let alone v another cherrypick?

Comment

I hope on 40 people buys the shyt and Thurman gets knocked the **** out. lets go Barrios

Comment

Garbage. This will bomb

Comment

• Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post

Apparently Fox does not want to pay millions for content that is guaranteed to lose them the ratings war 100% of the time in the most premium media slot in the world: North America broadcast TV Friday and Saturday evening. PBC has gained zero traction over the last few years. Reruns of The Simpsons and Sienfield do better ratings.
                      I'm honestly not surprised, I'd personally rather watch reruns of The Simpsons then some of the garbage that's been put out lately and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

If they want to gain traction for their network, make sure the guy you work with puts their "stars" in competitive fights that are actually compelling viewing rather then almost guaranteed victories for the A side.

And all but foregone conclusions making it basically redundant to watch, it's easier and also a better use of my/your time to just catch the highlights on twitter or w/e later.

Comment

Working...
                      X