Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Whyte: Purse Bid Once Again Delayed Ahead of WBC Heavyweight Championship Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Shyte is delusional with his purse demands. He's trying to break the bank after a knockout loss two fights ago.
    This fights pretty much already a done deal. Fury getting $40 million and Whyte $10 million. 80/20 split. Now they just crunching the numbers see if $50 million for this fight is reasonable. If not both might have to come down some... Looks like TR OK letting it go to DAZN

Comment

Whyte’s mad about the split because he knows he’ll lose.
      Arum is mad about the purse bid as another promoter could easily come in and outbid him.
      I don’t see this one actually happening. Either Whyte walks away because of money or Arum convinces Firy to drop the title.
      Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
        Whyte’s mad about the split because he knows he’ll lose.
        Arum is mad about the purse bid as another promoter could easily come in and outbid him.
        I don’t see this one actually happening. Either Whyte walks away because of money or Arum convinces Firy to drop the title.
        Cant see fury dropping title under any circumstance, whyte at best is going to negotiate himself into a 25% or 30% at the very best. More then likely they will come to a agreement between $5mil - $10mil, probz around $7mil if t.r are willing to pay that much. Ruiz got paid $6mil for Joshua, Fury vs Whyte will do very well on uk ppv due to them both being good trash talkers. The fight itself tho is a given.

Comment

Does anybody want to fight anymore? This sport is becoming a complete joke where a youtuber is doing better numbers than pro fighters who dedicate themselves to the sport. Embarassing. Shut the **** up and fight

Comment

OK Bob & Frank! What's your move? There has to be a place somewhere between 25% and 45%? What does Fury do if the WBC said "The split is 60-40?"

Comment

What's the reason for these postponements, waiting for the arbitrator to decide the split or possibility of a deal being made?

Comment

"The 34-year-old heavyweight from Brixton, England has long served as a top contender but has fallen victim to the politics of the sport."

I also remember him falling victim to the politics of a left uppercut that put him to sleep two fights ago.

Comment

Screw the WBC!

I just want to see the fight, but if this needs to happen to stop the WBC shit show - so be it.

The heavyweight division has been a mess for a while, what's a couple more months if it stops the WBCs BS?

Let's hope Dillian wins and sends a message to all the shitty organisations
                  greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Getting sick of it now.
                    Whyte get's ktfo by a shot old man & like Hearns other hypejob is only relevant through Rematchroom paperwork.
                    Where's the sportsmanship in that?
                    Denying the world undesputed again & still kicking off over money #truecolours
                    They should go to the next mandatory with this being Whytes 4th duck.
                    Last edited by Bob; 01-18-2022, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
                      What's the reason for these postponements, waiting for the arbitrator to decide the split or possibility of a deal being made?
                      No-one seems to be indicating they're close to a deal.

So I guess it's the arbitration. But is that really going to be solved in the next few days?

I wonder whether the WBC would just move on with an 80/20 purse bid and accept that they'll then get sued by Whyte?

Comment

Working...
                      X