Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Roy Jones legendary mainly because he was able to rule from 160-HW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime RJJ moved like Captain America with boxing gloves

ofc everyone was impressed

Comment

Originally posted by MisterDeclanCor View Post

This is a biased account. I remember you. You judge everything by records. Watch him move. You're not blind are you? Good boxing guys have good eyes, they can see it, and they can do it, a wee bit, AND YOU CAN'T!
      I don’t judge everything by records at all. But I do judge a fighter when he loses to unranked opponents in their prime.

You made a claim that James Toney was “matrix like” are you going to back up that claim? Because “watch him fight” isn’t it.

Which fights make you think he was “matrix like?”
      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 01-16-2022, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterDeclanCor View Post
        By the way, RJJ fought some mediocre fighters. You know that. Jones Toney was a good fight. Toney was a killer. A smooth, slick killer. With attitude. Back when we could understand what he was saying.
        Yeah he did. And he destroyed them.

Toney fought a list of unranked fighters and he struggled or even lost multiple times.

Big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I don’t judge everything by records at all. But I do judge a fighter when he lose to unranked opponents in their prime.

You made a claim that James Toney was “matrix like” ads you going to back up that claim? Because “watch him fight” isn’t it.

Which fights make you think he was “matrix like?”
          I rate Toney highly too(but only when he still lost to Roy,& he was still not the absolute elitist level talent.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Jones was the second coming of Sugar Ray Robinson in his prime. Not only what he did, but how he did it.

Imagine the Manny Pacquiao from the De La Hoya, Hatton and Cotto fights.

Now imagine Manny looking like that for a DECADE. EVERY time he stepped into the ring.

That is what Roy looked like in his era.
            ^^^^ this !

Comment

Set aside the resume for a moment. To watch him in action was a thing of awe. Very few fighters come along with his level of speed and reflexes. When you watched his fights in real time it was exciting, you didn’t know how it was going to play out but you leaned forward in your seat to witness blazing combinations, lightning pot shots, and counters that came from impossible angles. I used to shake my head and wonder “WTF”? He was that impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

Cute story
                I'm not sure how old you are, but if you're 30 or under, you won't remember. Andro wasn't banned when I went into the Army, that was 2001. I remember talking about it with another recruit, because he'd been using it to add some weight. It was very common back then, and def wasn't banned in any way.

Comment

Working...
                X