Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith Breaks Down, Drops, Stops Steve Geffrard in Ninth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, one sided beatdown.

Comment

Originally posted by GFunk23 View Post
      Smtih Jr vs. Beterbiev would be a good scrap while it lasts but Beterbiev would be significant favourite to win. Smith has a punchers chance and we already Callum Johnson nearly KO Artur.
      Still harder than ppl think to ko beterbiev gvozdyk couldnt and he nearly killed stevenson
      CasperUK likes this.

Comment

Th problem with Beterbiev is that he's a much better boxer now than he was when he fought Johnson. He's made a lot of improvements since then. That's why he was able to beat Browne the way he did.

The Beterbiev now would end Joe Smith, Jr. by the seventh round, maybe sooner. I'd love to watch it because to will be a helluva fight until then.

Comment

He got some rounds in and did what he was supposed to do while never getting hurt. Him vs Beter would be fun. Favor Beter but you never know and Joe aint no punk.

Comment

Joe wastes a lot of energy. I wonder how much more effective he would be if he chose his shots a little more and pinpointed his attack. Pretty one dimensional in there tonight
            real raw and CasperUK like this.

Comment

Smith looked like Smith. Relatively basic but heavy handed. Geffrard didn't look bad, he had a plan but it didn't work.

Bradley was especially bad tonight, he initially criticized Geffrard for using the high guard and being a punching bag then started talking about how Smith was having problems with the high guard and was referencing Winky Wright.

Too bad it wasn't Callum Johnson tonight, that would have been short and brutal I think. Regardless, I don't think Smith's performance tonight changes his chance (a puncher's) against Beterbiev or Bivol.

Comment

Originally posted by ddeg10 View Post
                Joe wastes a lot of energy. I wonder how much more effective he would be if he chose his shots a little more and pinpointed his attack. Pretty one dimensional in there tonight

Imagine that , with a stationary guy like Steve
                I think what you saw is what you get with Joe , just a very blue collar boxer lol
                real raw and ddeg10 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ddeg10 View Post
                  Agree. I didn't like Joe's shoeshine flurries, he's just asking to get countered during those.
                  ddeg10 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

Agree. I didn't like Joe's shoeshine flurries, he's just asking to get countered during those.
                    How long have you watched boxing? Joe was just playing around. He knew this guy was a stiff that couldn't faze him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ddeg10 View Post
                      Doesn't anyone "get it" in here ? Joe was playing around with this stiff. Basically getting some work in. In the real world , this was just like a non-title " fight for the champ. Like they used to do in the old days. He was getting some work in, having fun. Basically a sparring match with no headgear. Don't look too deep into this fight. It was a nothing fight for him.
                      NotWoke=Woke and shenmue like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X