Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Views Fury-Whyte Purse Bid As Whyte's Best Option: 'I Don't See A Deal Being Done At 80/20'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bodies and shoulder told me the split would be set prior to bids.

Comment

hearn is brilliant at making a clown of himself no intervention needed.....he thinks a purse bid will give whyte the confirmed ducker more than 20%

Comment

Originally posted by RoadMan94 View Post
        I just think some people on here forget.
        they forget that when wilder had a world title to bring to the table, Eddie claimed wilder ain’t worth no % split and he can have a flat fee.

Eddie also said if wilder believes in himself he should take it.

so what’s different now? Whyte ain’t no big draw and he ain’t selling out no venues and he ain’t no cash cow on PPV.

stop focusing on the % and worry what Dillian has been offered.

why doesn’t eddie tell Whyte to take the 5M and Eddie write a cheque for Whyte for another 2-3M.

eddie and matchroom are this huge company aren’t they? Why’s Eddie only offer Whyte 4M to fight AJ, why wasn’t he worth 40% of the taking then?

truth is eddie is hoping fury gets impatient and drops the title. Eddie is petrified of fury and he knows once Joshua loses again that fury will be the man. Eddie would rather sell his daughters to ghislaine maxwell before fury gets his flowers!
        Absolutely brilliant post

Comment

I just think some people on here forget.
          they forget that when wilder had a world title to bring to the table, Eddie claimed wilder ain’t worth no % split and he can have a flat fee.

Eddie also said if wilder believes in himself he should take it.

so what’s different now? Whyte ain’t no big draw and he ain’t selling out no venues and he ain’t no cash cow on PPV.

stop focusing on the % and worry what Dillian has been offered.

why doesn’t eddie tell Whyte to take the 5M and Eddie write a cheque for Whyte for another 2-3M.

eddie and matchroom are this huge company aren’t they? Why’s Eddie only offer Whyte 4M to fight AJ, why wasn’t he worth 40% of the taking then?

truth is eddie is hoping fury gets impatient and drops the title. Eddie is petrified of fury and he knows once Joshua loses again that fury will be the man. Eddie would rather sell his daughters to ghislaine maxwell before fury gets his flowers!
          Wilder had no PPVs to stand on . He’s not even one now ,neither is Ortiz ,we don’t know if Fury is even one if he fights outside title fights ?

What you guys forget is Hearn has sent numerous offers the WBC even mandated Fury to fight Wilder for the Diamond belt but he declined so where do you get there the scared ones ?

Arum has far more to lose and ESPN even more .AJ brand name sells itself he’s been selling out venues long before he had any titles these guys claiming to want 60% and 50% when they aren’t draws back then is hilarious. If the fight wasn’t happening inter U.K you’d have a point but it’s not . Whyte losing would have little impact on Hearns life where did you get that conclusion from ? A.J will still be here and Hrgovic is far more promising then Whyte. .
          Last edited by REDEEMER; 01-15-2022, 10:52 AM.
          greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

There’s no bottom to the Matchroom employees on here. They will put out the craziest propaganda to defend - of all ridiculous fighters - Whyte. A 2x PED cheat dropped by Oscar Rivas! KTFO by a retiree with a peg leg! And with each Whyte humiliation and eliminator duck, they come back recharged with new BS! It’s bizarre

Comment

Whyte can be annoying sometimes, but always tedious when boxing fans take the "just accept the deal you're offered" line. We've seen it many times before that a guy pushes for more money and gets it. Fury's side don't want a purse bid and will likely offer more money to avoid that, then you can all complain about how stupid Whyte was not to have accepted less
              4truth 4truth likes this.

Comment

That's exactly what he's doing with a purse bid, he puts more in to win the purse bid and can pay Whyte extra and if someone outbids him Whyte still makes more than taking an Arum bid.

So you're in favour of a purse bid ??

If Eddie believed in Whyte he would write Dillian a cheque. He’d say take ya 5M/20% and I’ll sling you another couple M’s.

he basically did it when AJ fought Martin.

but Bias fans ignore facts, they won’t let the truth get in the way of their agendas.

Comment

He's actually said it will. Hearn knows what he will bid and has told Whyte (plus any bonus) so Whyte will know he gets that much more going to purse bid (also Fury benefits).

If the total purse bid is more Fury and Whyte benefit, if Matchroom win he can supplement Whytes wages outside of the percentage effectively giving Whyte more.

This is just math,

So if Matchroom (or Sky Triller) win the purse bid the fighters get more.

I suspect Arum will give a better offer based on the reality of the UK ppvs and O2 arena sales of Whyte to get the fight on ESPN.

As long as I get the fight I don't care .................................................. ..........

If Whyte agrees to fight for free or Fury gives all his wages to charity (lol)

Originally posted by First order View Post
                  hearn is brilliant at making a clown of himself no intervention needed.....he thinks a purse bid will give whyte the confirmed ducker more than 20%
                  greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

The truth is likely to be that Top Rank simply can't fulfil Fury's contract. They in deep right now.

They can't sell enough to pay him for a US fight (even with Wilder they lost money), and it seems they can't afford to pay Whyte much more than $5m and fulfil Fury's contract too.

They are at a point in Fury's contract where they have to get an opponent who will fight for very little just to break even.

Truth is, Fury needs to give now. Accept less money so that Bob can offer more, or go to purses and fight on another promotors show. Alternatively, vacate the belt, but they lose marketability and Fury's reputation, making future fights even harder. I thought this was most likely, but actually is it? Could end up losing the UK fans if he doesn't go through with the Whyte fight.

Matchroom know they have Top Rank between a rock and a hard place right now.
                    Last edited by M312; 01-15-2022, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post
                      The truth is likely to be that Top Rank simply can't fulfil Fury's contract. They in deep right now.

They can't sell enough to pay him for a US fight (even with Wilder they lost money), and it seems they can't afford to pay Whyte much more than $5m and fulfil Fury's contract too.

They are at a point in Fury's contract where they have to get an opponent who will fight for very little just to break even.

Truth is, Fury needs to give now. Accept less money so that Bob can offer more, or go to purses and fight on another promotors show. Alternatively, vacate the belt, but they lose marketability and Fury's reputation, making future fights even harder. I thought this was most likely, but actually is it? Could end up losing the UK fans if he doesn't go through with the Whyte fight.

Matchroom know they have Top Rank between a rock and a hard place right now.
                      You lost me at “Fury needs to”. Fury can afford to let this play out without making any concessions.

Comment

Working...
                      X