Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Doctor: Teofimo Lopez 'Lucky He's Not Dead' Due To Breathing Issue Before, After Kambosos Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might be like the game "telephone" where the docs said one thing, but were quoted another" Its possible (in theory) a blow caused something to rupture... But no. Just because a doctor said it, I don't buy it. Common sense might not be enough here, but its close to being enough.

Does anyone who has fought before, think they could fight through what the doctor stated? pain is one thing... I can go to the point where I am puking and maybe passing out... But limiting your ability to breath? Try it! Let your friend put you in a choke where you can just get air, see how long you can last before you are reflexively spazing.

It does not add up. The way he looked post fight included. There are some bad mfkers, some very tough hombres... Samoans in rugby leagues get a deep cut and take a time out, no anaesthetic, stitched up and back on the field. Crypto mentioned a fighter finishing with a spleen problem...talk about pain! BUT thats pain! Lack of oxygen is not the same thing. You can't overide at a certain point.
    Last edited by billeau2; 12-04-2021, 07:58 PM.
    eco1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
      From a doctor's point of view, this is bs. Sorry.
      tenor.gif

Thank you Dr.

Comment

If any of this stuff were true. He would of been breathing in a VERY DISTRESSED MANOR. His post fight interview he was NOT short of breath.
        If this were true he would of been on the ground and carried out by a stretcher BEFORE the fight ended. U cant tuff your way through something like that.
        Last edited by MONGOOSE66; 12-04-2021, 08:09 PM.
        billeau2 and BustedKnuckles like this.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          This might be like the game "telephone" where the docs said one thing, but were quoted another" Its possible (in theory) a blow caused something to rupture... But no. Just because a doctor said it, I don't buy it. Common sense might not be enough here, but its close to being enough.

Does anyone who has fought before, think they could fight through what the doctor stated? pain is one thing... I can go to the point where I am puking and maybe passing out... But limiting your ability to breath? Try it! Let your friend put you in a choke where you can just get air, see how long you can last before you are reflexively spazing.

It does not add up. The way he looked post fight included. There are some bad mfkers, some very tough hombres... Samoans in rugby leagues get a deep cut and take a time out, no anaesthetic, stitched up and back on the field. Crypto mentioned a fighter finishing with a spleen problem...talk about pain! BUT thats pain! Lack of oxygen is not the same thing. You can't overide at a certain point.
          Nevermind just the fight, he would have had to train with it also right? Or did it magically just happen right before the fight?
          billeau2 likes this.

Comment

LoL @ jaded sicko "fans" ... "not believing" what multiple doctors are saying. You people are deplorables. You know more than the doctors? Hell no.

Excuses and postponments for that fight were plentiful and tiring, but the doctors have no reason to bring this up at a post-fight exam. Lopez fought a spirited fight against an inspired opponent, nearly won. Given the fight's history up to fight-night, I believe he felt "funny" but didn't want to cause a further postponment. Anyone would in that circumstance. Thankfully it didn't end in the tragic manner it very well could have.

Commission physicals need to be revised (their routines) to include something to detect this kind of thing. Too serious to ignore. Lopez (excuses, overconfidence, bravado, and all) is crazy brave. Hopefully he learns to not take chances like this with his health. Fights and fans won't give a d*%mn when he's in critical from being too brave and accomodating. Slow down young man.

God is good, all the time ... you all better know it.
            Last edited by MastaBlasta; 12-04-2021, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lion33lit View Post
              He definitely wasn’t that guy who fought Lomachenko. For a small fast twitch fighter he was obviously sluggish in this fight…… If these credible doctors have this to say, I thoroughly believe my eyes weren’t deceiving me. ….The capable fighter that beat Lomachenko could have certainly put up a much much better fight against Kambosos. It’s just his big mouth that makes him a well deserved target .lol. It’s no wonder he was the betting favorite…but that “mouth” though.
              what in the world are you talking about? He didn't do shyt in the Loma fight. He racked points because Loma refused to be active for the first 7 rounds. Lopez himself didn't do any damage in that fight until rd 11-12. Once Loma started working, Lopez looked like a lost puppy in the ring
              BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

I don't know what that condition is; never heard of it. But I did think Teo loooked unhealthy overall and I thought, "is he double vaxxed?" He definitely struggled with Cardio in that fight and his skin and face - the welts... He just didn't seem right.

Comment

Let the excuses begin. The boxing board of control would have not allowed the fight to happen if that was the case, and teofimo didn't do himself any favours by smoking and doing gut punching challenges with a near 7 ft guy if he had this issue looming. This is hilarious. He is deluded just like his old man.

Comment

No excuses tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post

tenor.gif

Thank you Dr.
                      LOL, not that guy, LOL!

Comment

Working...
                      X