Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Canelo A Hell Of A Fighter, But My Personal Opinion, He's Ducking Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd no doubt salty as he never managed to become undisputed. Canelo chasing greatness, while Floyd just chased money.

Saying Canelo is ducking a guy who loses belts to taco bell and drug dealers

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

Who is he avoiding?
      Alvarez fought Liam Smith rather than Golovkin.
      He fought Rocky Fielding to avoid a 3rd Golovkin fight.
      After beating Kovalev , Alvarez avoided the champs at 175.
      You may say he had good reasons for what he did but the fact is he avoided those fights.

Comment

Shots fired!

Comment

The very first time I have ever agreed with what Floyd Mayweather said. He's 100% right, Canelo ducked Benavidez.

Comment

Yeah, Canelo ducking Benavidez makes about as much sense right now as Mayweather being accused of ducking Vivian Harris.

Originally posted by BZBEE View Post
            2 fighters I remember Floyd ducked, Kotsza tsyu and antonio margarito.

Mayweather publicly called out Kostya* Tszyu* in the ring in multiple post fight interviews on HBO. You would know if you watched boxing at the time. At least spell his name right, if you are going to pretend to know what was going on at that time at 140.

Go check the post fight interviews for Mayweather vs Chavez (130), and Mayweather vs Bruseles (140). Floyd Mayweather consistently called out Kostya Tszyu since he was at 130lbs. Mayweather called out Shane Mosley and De La Hoya multiple times. DLH and Mosley both rejected Mayweather multiple times because they did not want to do business with Arum.

Regardless, saying Mayweather ducked him, shows you are indeed pretending. After Hatton retired Tszyu, Mayweather turned his attention to Hatton for a fight at 140. Team Hatton said they were not ready for Mayweather yet.

As for Margarito, that was Arum’s way of promoting Margarito and starting a smear campaign against Mayweather, who was in the middle of a lawsuit with Top Rank to buy out his contract so that he can get De La Hoya. Arum’s $8million offer for Margarito was rubbish. He was offering Mayweather $7 million for Cotto and Hatton, but $8mill for Margarito, as if that made any sense. It did not, that was Arum throwing out numbers from his ass.

“The reason Mayweather opted for the buyout rather than waiting for the May 6 result was because the contract had a limited window for the buyout, one that expired before the De La Hoya fight. However, Arum said he would have extended the window if Mayweather had asked. What Arum wouldn't do, he said, was raise the guarantees for other fights outlined in the contract.

Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

Ellerbe said Mayweather opted for the buyout so he could be "more in control of when and who he fights next. It's as simple as that. There is nothing bad between Floyd and Bob."”

This guy is such a snake POS, he said Mayweather asking for $20 million for DLH was too much. It ended up being the highest selling PPV of all time at that time, and Mayweather earned his $20million dollars.

DLH, Mayweather, Cotto, Pacquiao didn’t leave Top Rank because Bob Arum was so great. They left because they realized he wasn’t paying them what they deserved. They realized they can make more money if they left TR.

Comment

I met Floyd Mayweather once. Let him cut in front of me at a club in Vegas and he told me I was a helluva fighter.

Comment

Froid sounds like all the guys who used to hate him lol
                he should be hyping carnelo up like all his fangirls are doing.

Comment

**** Benavidez.. Dude lost two world titles due to being lazy and overweight. All of sudden just like his boy Andrade, they all think they are entitled for a fight with the best. Benavidez and Andrade are so ****in hyped up by the fan boys.who is their best best? Same crap with Jermall Charlo. Don't get me wrong I like these fighters in the ring. This nut hugging has to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasRaiders View Post
                    **** Benavidez.. Dude lost two world titles due to being lazy and overweight. All of sudden just like his boy Andrade, they all think they are entitled for a fight with the best. Benavidez and Andrade are so ****in hyped up by the fan boys.who is their best best? Same crap with Jermall Charlo. Don't get me wrong I like these fighters in the ring. This nut hugging has to stop.
                    Right on!

Instead of jawing on about getting a canelo fight, go out and beat the other top guys until there's noone left for canelo to fight.

Charlo and andrade could fight each other; or consistently call out Golovkin; or step up to 168, where canelo is actually at and beat some names up there. Benevidez could go see beterbiev, Bivol, Ramirez etc.

But do something!

Comment

mawuba is a poor opponent, cruiser or not, hes not an opponent people were wanting canelo to fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X