Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Ring Return is Eyed For March in Mexico City

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should beat up Frank Mir some more

Comment

Big john fury is the best man at the burrito stand and Ruiz knows it . That’s why he’s duckin

Comment

So is Ruiz promoted by Zanfer now? Is he no longer with PBC?

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Are Kubrev or Wallin passes tho? I'm not sure he beats either one of them coming off of knee surgery.
          Wallin is a live dog I actually like his style but he's not a huge puncher and isn't the fastest I think Andy is way faster and on the inside Wallin is a little awkward he needs range to setup that left. He has a good straight left hand that's his best punch along with a decent jab and a good skillset but I think Andy can win he has just as much skills and has shown even out of shape he can still go a solid 12. I think Andy beats Pulev quite easy same thing Pulev has probably one of the best jabs in the heavyweight division just didn't have the power to go along with it so I don't think he can compete toe to toe with Ruiz not at this stage. I think Andy knocks him out quicker than AJ did styles make fights Pulev is there to be hit as he is 40 now and has been stunned by lesser fighters.

PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

How much of it you think he has left?
            Surely he's set for life now .

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post

This right here. I feel like he’s done. Had a tougher fight than expected in his comeback. The heavyweight division is thin so he has the talent to still make some big money. He just has to get back in shape and find some hunger. If things only get worse, I expect to see him less and less if all. Course he will still get offers regardless. Reynoso and Canelo ( you know he will pipe in his two cents or maybe it’s a worth dime coming from him? ) should be able to get whatever he has left out of him.
              I can't see him being with them too long , I'm wondering just how well it's going. They have been keeping Frank sanchez active but ruiz only managing a run out once a year. Thought he looked poor against arreola. He does have the name value and platform to get offers as you say. Just not sure how much he wants it now

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
                Wallin is a live dog I actually like his style but he's not a huge puncher and isn't the fastest I think Andy is way faster and on the inside Wallin is a little awkward he needs range to setup that left. He has a good straight left hand that's his best punch along with a decent jab and a good skillset but I think Andy can win he has just as much skills and has shown even out of shape he can still go a solid 12. I think Andy beats Pulev quite easy same thing Pulev has probably one of the best jabs in the heavyweight division just didn't have the power to go along with it so I don't think he can compete toe to toe with Ruiz not at this stage. I think Andy knocks him out quicker than AJ did styles make fights Pulev is there to be hit as he is 40 now and has been stunned by lesser fighters.
                Good assessment. I rate Wallin fairly high, and Pulev is tough with that nice jab. Ruiz is a very good fighter, but if I was his team I would probably put him in a bit easier than Wallin or Pulev for this fight. He's coming off of knee surgery and we won't really know how that weight loss will affect him. Too many unknown variables against fighters that are quality and coming to win.

Again, if I was Andy's team I'd feel more comfortable against a Rydell Booker or Jermaine Franklin. Someone Andy who would absorb some punishment but not really threaten him. Once that knee and new weight have been tested in the ring he can go after the Wallins, Ortiz, etc.

Comment

Ruiz is now the king of naming guys to fight..and never actually fighting them. If he does fight in Mexico, it will be against another has been like Arreola or a bum like Florez. He will do this until he gets another title shot. And unfortunately this is the game plan that most boxers have today. Look at what Hunter is doing right now. Same thing

Comment

Fury is right that Joshua should step aside and let the UNDEFEATED champions fight NOW. Joshua and Wilder should fight and the loser should probably retire. These are arguably the best and proven top eight heavyweights today. March would be the best month of boxing possibly ever. I want to see them all.

Fury vs Usyk:

Fury could be too big for Usyk and that could be bad for Fury because Usyk has proven with Joshua that he can fight at heavyweight, although Joshua never really tagged him like he did Ruiz so his ability to stay in a fight after getting bombed has not been proven. Usyk's size and skill could be too agile for Fury. Someone he has never seen.

Joshua vs Wilder:

Both have lost twice recently and the loser should probably retire unless it was a controversial fight. The winner would have the option to fight the winner of one of the other matches. No fan can say they don't want to see this one.

Ruiz vs Whyte:

Ruiz has not been stopped in two fights with Joshua and one with Parker. No doubt he is a test for any up and coming fighter. A win over Whyte would leave no doubt he should challenge one of the winners. Likewise a win for Whyte would allow him something to achieve that Joshua and Parker could not do giving him a shot at one of the winners. Who doesn't want to watch this fight.

Parker/Chisora winner vs Joyce:

Joyce needs to prove himself and a win would allow him a big fight. Parker and Chisora are durable seasoned veterans and would be a great test for him and should guarantee them a big fight if they can beat Joyce. Parker and Joyce should match up well.
                    Jack_sh*t likes this.

Comment

Ruiz vs Wilder?

Comment

Working...
                      X