Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrade-Alimkhanuly: WBO Formally Orders Mandatory Middleweight Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

A mandatory unification ain't happening lol
    The sanctioning bodies can approve a unification bout, they just can't mandate one. My point is, Poo Poo can petition for a unification bout, instead of just flapping his lips about it during post-fight interviews,

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Janibek petitioned to be mandatory because he was sitting at #2 for the last 3 fights, and the person at #1 refuses to budge (Munguia)

And there won't be a mandatory unification lmfao. How do you even enforce that?
      I know, I misspoke on the mandatory unification. My thing is, what is Andrade doing to get a unification bout? He could petition for one. Has he contacted the champions that he's calling out; Golovkin, Canelo or Charlo? Or is he just talking shit during his post-fight interviews? I find it hard to believe that these champs are ducking him as he suggests.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post

I know, I misspoke on the mandatory unification. My thing is, what is Andrade doing to get a unification bout? He could petition for one. Has he contacted the champions that he's calling out; Golovkin, Canelo or Charlo? Or is he just talking shit during his post-fight interviews? I find it hard to believe that these champs are ducking him as he suggests.
        He's just talking on podcasts that nobody watches. He's like Dillian Whyte who loves to talk about how much he's avoided, but you're telling me the guy constantly has to fight the guys ranked in the middle of the WBO? I find it incredibly hard to believe that in the three years that he's been a champion, any world ranked fighter hasn't wanted to fight him. I don't believe for a goddamned second that the best fights that a world champion middleweight are able to get are Jason Quigley, Luke Keeler and Artur Akavov.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post

My point is, Poo Poo can petition for a unification bout, instead of just flapping his lips about it during post-fight interviews,
          What would be the point?

Comment

This is a very good fight.

Comment

With respect to Andrade, yeah Janibek would be a good opponent... But I can't say I was that impressed with how Janibek handled a completely washed Ndam. WASHED. Better fights for Andrade at this point (not that we'll get them or that he wants them) but I will take this.
              Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 11-30-2021, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Not happening and especially not in the next 20 days
                maybe not in the next 20 days but how about sometime in January? No reason why that can’t happen then.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  So first they order Crawford to fight #2 Porter instead of #1 Vergil Ortiz Jr., and now they order Andrade to fight #2 Alimkhanuly instead of #1 Munguia! I wonder if they talked to Oscar first? Both #1 ranked fighters are his fighters!
                  Of course they did and neither guy wanted the fights right now

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post

Of course they did and neither guy wanted the fights right now
                    If that's true, then they should not remain in the #1 spots!

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                      maybe not in the next 20 days but how about sometime in January? No reason why that can’t happen then.
                      I would say the only shot at a unification Andrade has is if him and Golovkin come through their next fights and DAZN somehow makes a unification then.
                      Patsfan bri likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X