Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo wins vs Kovalev is better than the best win of Crawford.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

So you’re saying Porter isn’t a top 10 fighter but Yarde is?

C’mon man. Porter is a 2x World Champion whilst Yarde has fallen short at domestic level.
    Nope, I said that Yarde was in the top-10 of the division when he faced Kovalev.

Porter is way better than Yarde, my point is that an old Kovalev was a better win than Porter vs Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post

Name 1 élite fighter that Bud faced?

Crawford never fought with a live dog in his whole career. Period.
      You're ducking the question the same way Canelo ducks dangerous opponents

Comment

Nope, I said that Yarde was in the top-10 of the division when he faced Kovalev.

Porter is way better than Yarde, my point is that an old Kovalev was a better win than Porter vs Crawford.
        Was he? Ranked top 10 by who? I’m pretty sure Ring, TBRB, ESPN etc never had him too 10.

Yarde hadn’t beaten ANYONE.

Kovalev was still a good win, but Yarde is trash.

It’s pretty close IMO between Canelo’s W over Kovalev and Crawford’s win over Porter. Kovalev was a better fighter than Porter prime for prime but the Porter that Crawford beat was a lot closer to his prime than the Kovalev that Canelo beat. Canelo was moving up from 160 though you have to factor that in. It depends what you value more, both very good wins from my perspective,
        Mexican_Puppet likes this.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVn0XAb3Ibc
          stop with the excuses...

Kovalev said that he was in a good shape, and he was not drained, he weighed the same weight than the fights against Alvarez and Yarde.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Was he? Ranked top 10 by who? I’m pretty sure Ring, TBRB, ESPN etc never had him too 10.

Yarde hadn’t beaten ANYONE.

Kovalev was still a good win, but Yarde is trash.

It’s pretty close IMO between Canelo’s W over Kovalev and Crawford’s win over Porter. Kovalev was a better fighter than Porter prime for prime but the Porter that Crawford beat was a lot closer to his prime than the Kovalev that Canelo beat. Canelo was moving up from 160 though you have to factor that in. It depends what you value more, both very good wins from my perspective,
            By the organisms bro, he was the #1 in ifb ...

Good points, is at least debatible...

But people is talking like Canelo fought against a zombie, and nobody, an old Kovalev was not a bad rival, and Kovalev did a better job than Planta, Smith, and Sounders in their prime, because Kovalev was a great fighter.

Is like Inoue vs old Donaire, but Donaire is the same frame weight than Inoue. But the fight was brutal.

Comment

Canelo ruined his win over Kovalev with an s-side weight clause. It would not have been in the contract if it didn’t provide a benefit. Despite what the boxing geniuses here might think, the brain trust in Canelo’s camp demanded a hydration clause for a reason.

Comment

Ward took him out when that was the worst dirty punch in recent years.
                A right hand across the head? The bodyshots just sealed the deal on a Kovalev that was already past his prime years before Canelo ever got in the ring with him.

You truly are a puppet.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post

A right hand across the head? The bodyshots just sealed the deal on a Kovalev that was already past his prime years before Canelo ever got in the ring with him.

You truly are a puppet.
                  Not to mention Ward was able to do that against the prime KRUSHER, not the bum of a shell of a fighter than Canelo faced. Two completely different opponents. Don't ever compare Canelo's accomplishments to Andre Ward's EVER. Canelo picked Kovalev because he was the weakest link at 175, Ward moved up because Kov was the boogeyman at the time that all his haters told him to fight. Fighters like Ward and Crawford are cut from a different cloth from Canelo, you'll never see Canelo fight anyone because the haters told him he couldn't beat, everyone Canelo faces is hand picked.
                  Last edited by TernceBudCharlo; 11-28-2021, 10:55 PM.

Comment

By the organisms bro, he was the #1 in ifb ...

Good points, is at least debatible...

But people is talking like Canelo fought against a zombie, and nobody, an old Kovalev was not a bad rival, and Kovalev did a better job than Planta, Smith, and Sounders in their prime, because Kovalev was a great fighter.

Is like Inoue vs old Donaire, but Donaire is the same frame weight than Inoue. But the fight was brutal.
                    It was the WBO but c’mon man, those ranking hold no weight whatsoever. By that logic Trevor Bryan is the #1 HW in the world. You can’t seriously be going off ABC ratings. Yarde was nowhere near a top 10 light heavyweight based on who he had fought.

Kovalev was past his best but still a very capable champion. It was a very good win IMO, as was Crawford beating Porter.

Comment

Nelo vs Con > Anything Bud has done

Comment

Working...
                      X