Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko Is Coming For His Belts—And He's Going to Get Them All

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edward Hearn was hugging Kambosos' dad after the fight.

They're getting that DAZN bag for Haney and rematch. Loma ain't getting ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
      Lol at “Haney won’t fight him”. He’s already ducked Haney 2 years ago genius. He vacated the wbc belt to avoid Haney. He had a chance to be there undisputed and passed it up. Were you even a boxing fan then?

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...n#post28468705
      You still believe that nonsense? I'd gladly get into that with you and you're not gong to like the outcome. You're either going to look like you have a man crush on Haney and/or you're going to roll on your back and shout "mercy."

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas' 4 Eva View Post

Lomachenko ducking his mando who was about to be DEVIN HANEY is the reason we have this mess at 135 right now as far as Unidpsuted vs Disputed. Lomachenko is 100% to blame for this.
        If you believe that then you're ****ing stupid. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Kambosos vs Haney first

Loma can earn his way back to a title shot with a couple of wins, then fight the winner

Kambosos especially looks as if he’ll be at 135 for a while
          If you look at the rankings, Loma is ranked #1 f the WBO and the #1 WBC (so he can petition Suleiman). I thought he was #1 for the IBF too. I could have sworn he had been ranked number one. Anyway, Arum could get the WBO to order a title defense within the next nine months. So after Commey, we could see a Loma rematch. It's possible. And I have no doubt Loma will blast through Commey just as he did Nakatani. A Loma fight in the land down under would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Kambosos will fight Devin Haney (assuming he gets past JoJo.)

Then let's see if Lomachenko still wants to go get all his belts. He dropped the WBC last time rather than fight Devin, remember.
            I want you to clearly state why you believe Lomachenko avoided Haney. Just lay it out. I'm curious. But don't go running when I make you look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

I want you to clearly state why you believe Lomachenko avoided Haney. Just lay it out. I'm curious. But don't go running when I make you look stupid.
              Lomachenko could have fought Teofimo without dropping the WBC belt, and that would have allowed Haney to still keep his mando spot.

Dropping the belt was their way to take Haney out of the picture altogether.
              Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 11-28-2021, 02:54 PM.
              dan_cov dan_cov Goldie Goldie like this.

Comment

When no one here thought Fury was going to KO Wilder I told you and I am telling you that Loma is the best of the bunch. I don't car what color he is, where he is from, he is the best of them all.

And he will get his belts back if corporate sh I t doesn't stand in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Lomachenko could have fought Teofimo without dropping the WBC belt, and that would have allowed Haney to still keep his mando spot.

Dropping the belt was their way to take Haney out of the picture altogether.
                  That doesn't make any sense. First, when you are elevated to Franchise Champion, you have to drop the WBC belt. You're assuming a lot here and those assumptions are incorrect. When Haney was interim champion and Loma had the WBC champion belt, it was still not a mandatory fight. I explained this all to The Big Dunn, and he conceded that I was correct. Even The Big Dunn had to concede. Haney was never positioned into a mandatory position to fight Loma.

Second, Loma never petitioned himself. TopRank petitioned and explained to Loma that it was an award. He assumed that he'd be able to keep the WBC Champion belt because he was worried he'd no longer be undisputed at that point, but Suleiman assured him that's not the case.

Third, when Haney was interim champion, he still had to petition the WBC to challenge for the champ belt and force a voluntary title defense. Those are the rules. And that didn't change when Haney picked up the WBC belt. He had to petition the WBC to force a bout with Lomachenko. Haney is in the position of a challenger, so he had to challenge. Did Haney every file a petition to fight Loma? No. He didn't.

Even Bill said that Loma didn't duck Haney. Haney's father recently stated that. So just stop with this BS.
                  Last edited by Cypocryphy; 11-29-2021, 03:03 AM.
                  Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

That doesn't make any sense. First, when you are elevated to Franchise Champion, you have to drop the WBC belt. You're assuming a lot here and those assumptions are incorrect. When Haney was interim champion and Loma had the WBC champion belt, it was still not a mandatory fight. I explained this all to The Big Dunn, and he conceded that I was correct. Even The Big Dunn had to concede. Haney was never positioned into a mandatory position to fight Loma.

Second, Loma never petitioned himself. TopRank petitioned and explained to Loma that it was an award. He assumed that he'd be able to keep the WBC Champion belt because he was worried he'd no longer be undisputed at that point, but Suleiman assured him that's not the case.

Third, when Haney was interim champion, he still had to petition the WBC to challenge for the champ belt and force a voluntary title defense. Those are the rules. And that didn't change when Haney picked up the WBC belt. He had to petition the WBC to force a bout with Lomachenko. Haney is in the position of a challenger, so he had to challenge. Did Haney every file a petition to fight Loma? No. He didn't.

Even Bill said that Loma didn't duck Haney. Haney's father recently stated that. So just stop with this BS.
                    There was no reason to petition for the Franchise Belt. The WBC mandatory hadn't been called yet so Teofimo vs Lomachenko was free to happen.

Now, Devin Haney would have been looming as the mando for the winner of that fight. And Top Rank didn't want that so they dropped the belt to completely bypass Haney altogether.

Everyone can see what happened there. We aren't dumb.

And Lomachenko is responsible for what his team does in his name.

Comment

That would be awesome if Loma got them back. For me, that's the right guy to have them. Then don't give Teo a fight as Teo didn't give him a rematch. That would be check mate.

With that said though I think Teo is going up in weight since this loss. His dad already said it.
                      Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X