Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s the best way to fight and beat Terence Crawford?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s the best way to fight and beat Terence Crawford?

After analyzing several of his fights, I’ve come to the conclusion that he’s a good well-rounded boxer who has the versatility to adapt to any style, but he does have some flaws that can be exploited.

I think in order to beat him, you’d have to be able to match his fighting pace, excellent at dictating range and distance, being defensively responsible and with good timing and counter-punching skills. In other words, a master sharp-shooter would give him fits. I don’t think Spence is good enough to beat him.

Ohphishul Ohphishul HENNY HENNY like this.

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    After analyzing several of his fights, I’ve come to the conclusion that he’s a good well-rounded boxer who has the versatility to adapt to any style, but he does have some flaws that can be exploited.

I think in order to beat him, you’d have to be able to match his fighting pace, excellent at dictating range and distance, being defensively responsible and with good timing and counter-punching skills. In other words, a master sharp-shooter would give him fits. I don’t think Spence is good enough to beat him.
    They also need to be able to push Crawford back and know how to fight south and orthodox styles.

I think you're right about Spence. I don't think he can make all the adjustments on the fly during the fight, but he does have pop and a chin so.. We'll see what happens if this fight ever takes place.

If only we could make Crawford vs Canelo. Canelo definitely has everything needed to beat Crawford.
    Ohphishul Ohphishul likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post

Yeah, pretty much. Basically have to match his skills with more length, counter punching skills, IQ, and a chin. Activity and speed as well

Gotta throw straight punches and get out of range fast enough to avoid the counters. And, when he's attacking, you have to shoot your shots in between his and stay alert with whats coming back

Easier said than done of course
      Ohphishul Ohphishul likes this.

Comment

I disagree, Spence is fully capable of beating him. Bud has dropped so many rounds to lesser fighters but his power has always bailed him out. I could see Spence beating him in a workman like decision while Bud desperately tries to find the KO that won’t be there and he keeps eating leather from Errol.

Comment

There are a few ways to beat Crawford. Hes not unbeatable, he is well rounded and like many elite boxer punchers, has power as a last resort. I would start out by comparing Spence to Crawford... Different level entirely... Crawford moves like a ghost across the ring, he can damage you going backwards... Spence sits in the pocket, with feet spread apart... He does not have the mobility, or tools that Crawford has... Does not mean he necessarily cannot beat Bud, but lets keep it real.

Porter used a proper blueprint to beat Crawford. He ultimately was unsuccesful, but he was competative, he did control parts of that fight. Relentless pressure can break down Crawford. Think, Hagler, or even a boxer puncher who knows how to pressure really well like Duran, or even Canelo.

The other way to beat Crawford would be to outbox him. How about Spence? No he cannot do half of what Crawford can do in the ring, but could he force Crawford to get into a firefight? I wouldn't put it past him.

Comment

Hit him hard...and often.

Comment

Comment

a stiff constant jab and body shots, controlled pressure not leaning in like porter. TC gets hit clean OFTEN but hes probably the most versatile WW so it will be hard for whoever fights him. also he didnt dominate porter...

Comment

- -Craw ain't fought a prime puncher, the reason he keeps pricing himself out of a Spence fight.

Now that Spence carries permanent injuries from his Ferrari demolition, prob he'll outpoint Ugh for the WBO and defend against a decent contender and ride off into the sunset with fortune, health, and record intact.

Compare Craw gift from Porter's Daddy compared to Teo's gift from his Daddy for relevance.

Comment

• High boxing IQ/ ability to adjust
                    • Comparable reach. Doesn’t have to be equal but nothing more than 2 inches deficit.
                    • Outstanding punch resistance and chin.
                    • Steady footwork.
                    • Ability to fight on the inside particularly with good mix of body shots.
                    • Legitimate knockout power.
                    • Calm demeanor that doesn’t get anxious or overwhelmed throughout the fight.
                    That’s what it will take to beat Crawford imo.

He’s better than I thought and more than just a power happy fighter. But he has clear weaknesses. If you take away his great equalizer and have the above, he can be beaten certainly.

Comment

Working...
                    X